TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF Dual Pitlight's LEDs

Since install we have had to cover up out LEDs in the dual pitlight for scoring to work in Blacklight, acn these be taken out of the pitlight safely, or should they just stay covered up?

Cheers

Liam
    Liam http://www.bowltech.com/forums/impor...2012/smile.gif

Re: AMF Dual Pitlight's LEDs

First of all, what kind of scoring do you have that you need to remove the LEDs? Second, you can unhook the power from them inside the box. There is no need to remove them completely.

Comment

i have boss scoring using accucam 3000.

Comment

What's the best way to unhook them, untwist the wires?

Comment

This makes no sense to me...you are saying that you need to REMOVE the LEDs to get the camera to see the pins in the blacklights???

Something is wrong here....

Fever
          I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

since install they have always needed to be covered, we had them on for a month or so and the cameras never saw in blacklight, we sent several cameras to be looked at, eventually it was suggested to cover up the LEDs, since then we have never had problems.

Comment

Which blacklight bulb are you using??
              -- Larry

Comment

Try removing BOTH bulbs in the fixture. That camera should still score OK. If the 3000 camera has problems with the IR light, they had a base level problem with the camera software!
                This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I experienced the complete opposite here. We have one Accucam 3000 for testing purposes and it only works when the blacklights are in use if there is an IR light source.

Weird that he would have the exact opposite problem that I have.

Fever
                  I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Sounds strange to me, we use accucam and have the amd dual lights, and would definalty say that the camera has a hard time if it wasnt for the little diodes, ahh bless em.
                    If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

We are using BLB Blacklights

Comment

Try switching to a BL lamp. The light emitted from the BLB is a darker purple than the BL because of a special filter, which eliminates most of the white light from being transmitted. We have no problems with the BL and Qubica cameras.

Triac

Comment

yes Limbo. the led,s conflict with the uv causing white light.if the bowling pins are coated with the uv plastic , the camera does not need the help of the infra red to see the pins. I discovered this fix in a bowl in the uk a few years ago when they were having misscores and only when they went to extreme bowling, and either disconnecting the infra red sensors or simply putting duck tape over the led,s cured it.
                          maister

Comment

Wow, maister!
                            Then AMF has changed their CCD and/or software because the engineer at AMF who developed the dual fixture told me about the CCDs seeing the IR (his background was in security cameras).
                            I even tried it without any ambient light from the pit light and it scored fine.
                            It was wierd seeing the scoring put up a score when the pit lights were out!
                            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

So then why is it that I MUST have the IR light source or my Accucam 3000 doesn't work with my blacklights?

Fever

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                              Working...
                              X