Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 pins

How many of you run AMF machines with 21 pins?
    since 4 years it still works fine in our center. It will compensate the missing pin idleing in the pit so people don't have to wait after a double strike.
    For so far I didn't see 3 pins in bin 1 causing pinjams.

what's your experience?

Re: 21 pins

Yep, 21, no probs
    If Wile E coyote has enough money to by all that Acme crap why doesnt he buy his dinner?

Comment

We have ran 21 pins for about 6 years....helps with eliminating the occasional head pin shuttling and falling thur table......
      Peanut

Comment

We do it here. The only prob is at night with the kids they don't check which lane the pin come out and just throughs it into any machine causeing me headaches in the morning!!!

Comment

I thought it was a standard practise. I've been doing it for years.

Like Marc said, You only have to watch where you throw the loose pins behind the machines. But then you have to or should be doing that no matter how many pins you have in.
          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Always have and always will run 21.
            "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

The industry standard.

I did switch back to 20 a couple years ago because of some problem....I forget what it was......bad memory.

Comment

I have always run 20. I have no complaints.

Comment

We've always ran 20.

We'd have trouble trying to get the people "higher up" to pay for 3 extra boxes.... Heck, they haven't given us any new pins for over 2 years!
                  http://www.youtube.com/androo300

Comment

always used 21.

Comment

Yep im in the 21 club as well, helps speed up double miss or double strike cycles when you get a pin idling in the pit.
                      I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

21-23 here..ya never know. by closing time on Sat. I might be down to 15..my Lab runs down & gets the AWOL pins out of the gutter( big people pleaser :p ) & the office usually has a box or two on the floor by midnight

HEY...have you ever been too busy to deal with a swinging dizzy ( from 3 to 2)...& put 23-24 pins in so the dizzy 'rests' at the 2 or 4 pin spot ? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                        I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

Originally posted by Androooo:
                          We've always ran 20.

We'd have trouble trying to get the people "higher up" to pay for 3 extra boxes.... Heck, they haven't given us any new pins for over 2 years!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds too familiar. I've wanted to run 21 since I started there, never happened. Granted for us it's 7 cases extra (64 lanes) but still, it wouldn't break them and would be nice.
                          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

21 for tournaments and scratch leagues.
                            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Our distributors/wheels run way too fast, and we eliminated pins idling at the roller and at the plow. No problems with excessive wait time... even running 17-18 pins doesn't cause much slowdown.

21 pins can be done, but it seems to cause more pileups at the head pin bin on our machines than just running 20.
                              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X