Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Detect Setting Off Both Lanes

Here's another prob
    i'm having. I have bowltronics ball detects to cycle the machine. When someone throws a ball on 15, lane 16 cycles also. I've switched out the detects and same thing happends. Any ideas. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Ball Detect Setting Off Both Lanes

Switch the terminals in the AMC box.

15 is cycling by the SS and 16 is cycling by the trigger. Make sure the wires are not switched or the detector head is not installed backward.

Comment

Ok. checked the amc box and its ok. The wires are in the right places and the detect sets off the right lanes. Now and then 16 still is getting triggered by 15. I switched the boards and the detect out and still once and a while, 16 still cycles..

Comment

How solid is the ball detector mounted?
        -- Larry

Comment

It's mounted right behind the down sweep on the wood frame. It has the rubber mounts to cushion it but it barely moves.

Comment

Is/are the reflectors under the down sweep or in-between pairs? I ask because a common problem is the collecter from one sensor sometimes locks on to the emiter from another.

Comment

The reflectors are in-between the pairs. I just can't figure it out.

Comment

it could be a reflection from the pit light as the ball passes it shadows across the other lane.ensure the reflectors are positioned only to reflect to the one lane and not allowing it across to the next.there was a case a few years ago where a signal was coming from another pair of lanes e.g.5/6 a ball on 5 would set off say 7/8 we had to shield the reflector on that one.the reflector was not looking directly at the sensor and was getting confused,it was angled upwards and although still cycling the correct lane when a ball passed , it picked up reflections from elsewhere.
                maister

Comment

I was having the same exact problems with the AMF triggering. One lane would set off the other and just intermitant triggering. I fought a pair of lanes for many of days and finally just gave up. Then I would have another pair would just cycle on its own. I even installed a piece of cardboard around detector head to prevent cross contamination. Didnt work.

What I did notice from day one is that with the triggering mounted under downsweeps the sweep would break the beam fron 0-66 degrees and 270-0 degrees. And by golly (did I just say by golly?) I think thats the problem.

I reinstalled the triggering on the downsweep covers, which is about 26" away. Problems are all gone. In fact after I repositioned the triggering I forgot about the bumpers getting in the way. I had a pair that had almost no return and didnt fail. I had to raise the reflectors about 3/8" and adjusted the heads all the way up. This is only where I have bumpers.

I only have triggering on lanes 1-12 for now and I repositioned all of the in about 2 hours.

I know that the instructions say to mount them under the downsweeps but it just wasnt working. You will also have to adjust them for a slight delay since the are no longer mounted behind sweeps.

Comment

I have found the best place to install the ball triggers is on the front of the downsweep enclosure and the reflector fitted on the mask leg.this does seem to help eliminate other light sources and other reflective images. Remember to raise them high enough to avoid bumpers triggering them.
                    good luck.
                    maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X