Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Distributor Manual

But it will never have as many parts, my first detector started out in a 5 gallon bucket with no diagram to work with. Took a few months but it did get put together and is still on a machine to this day.
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Originally posted by Drillmn300:
      But it will never have as many parts, my first detector started out in a 5 gallon bucket with no diagram to work with. Took a few months but it did get put together and is still on a machine to this day.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">To tell you the truth, detectors dont have very many parts.

My 42 page manual is in my head.

Comment

I am looking at it as we speak as it needs to be in mine as well.
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

Only took 40 years to get the pinion gear lubrication right. lol

Comment

does anyone know of a similar manual for the 82-70 distributor... I'm trying to rebuild pretty much all of them in my 8 lane center, and I really don't know where to start.

Marc

Comment

It is the same.

Comment

This thing says to oil your clutch (frictioin disc), if I am not mistaken. I was always taught to not oil a clutch and am having a hard time see how this could not hurt the operation of a clutch.

Do you guys put a drop of oil on your friction disc?

Comment

Well pat, since one of the benefits of being a bowl-techer is sharing ideas, I'll pass on something I've been testing reqarding clutches. Now- keep in mind this is the first post for machine modifications I've made.
                  But to first answer your question, in my opionion - there is no reason to lube your clutch. Only causes hesitations at critical areas when needed.
                  Now for the mod- I've been testing over the past year something that seems to be working for me. On the Clutch Plate, I glued a clear piece of plastic over the hole in the plate where it contacts the stop blade. This keeps any grease seeping in during your monthly lubes. But I didn't stop there, I also glued the friction disc to the clutch plate. This was also an attempt to control the amount of oil/grease that may seep into the clutch, but had an additional benefit. I can cut back on the spring pressure to 1/2 turn (makes sense really - only 1/2 as many pressure points working on the clutch). Scuf up the friction disc to add "grab-ability" on the disc.
                  Just did my summer/annual maintenance on the test lane today, clutch problems are zero- but still under test evaluation. I have two other lanes under evaluation also, but not with the plastic guard in-place. There is a DOWN SIDE, for those of us that hate noises not normally associated with the 82/70: If the drive shaft is bent (at all) the clutch makes a "chatter" noise. This happens on both my other test lanes, but never on the original test lane.
                  I hope I have made this clear enough for other B/T members to "see". If it helps you, I would feel gradified to help someone else - like ya'll have helped me in the past. If not, sorry for such a long post (for me).
                  Cheers All,
                  Steve [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Pounds:
                    Well pat, since one of the benefits of being a bowl-techer is sharing ideas, I'll pass on something I've been testing reqarding clutches. Now- keep in mind this is the first post for machine modifications I've made.
                    But to first answer your question, in my opionion - there is no reason to lube your clutch. Only causes hesitations at critical areas when needed.
                    Now for the mod- I've been testing over the past year something that seems to be working for me. On the Clutch Plate, I glued a clear piece of plastic over the hole in the plate where it contacts the stop blade. This keeps any grease seeping in during your monthly lubes. But I didn't stop there, I also glued the friction disc to the clutch plate. This was also an attempt to control the amount of oil/grease that may seep into the clutch, but had an additional benefit. I can cut back on the spring pressure to 1/2 turn (makes sense really - only 1/2 as many pressure points working on the clutch). Scuf up the friction disc to add "grab-ability" on the disc.
                    Just did my summer/annual maintenance on the test lane today, clutch problems are zero- but still under test evaluation. I have two other lanes under evaluation also, but not with the plastic guard in-place. There is a DOWN SIDE, for those of us that hate noises not normally associated with the 82/70: If the drive shaft is bent (at all) the clutch makes a "chatter" noise. This happens on both my other test lanes, but never on the original test lane.
                    I hope I have made this clear enough for other B/T members to "see". If it helps you, I would feel gradified to help someone else - like ya'll have helped me in the past. If not, sorry for such a long post (for me).
                    Cheers All,
                    Steve [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Glueing the disc to the plate is a bad idea.

The worm allow the clutch to slip.

It is no wonder you only need 1/2 turn.

Comment

I use Plastic E from AMF to lube the pinion gear. And I do everything Gman does. I rebuild them once a month, and have no problems with my clutchs. They are stock, no modifications done.

Mike
                      Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X