Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributor rebuild

can anyone give me an idea of the parts I should be replacing in a distributor to do a basic rebuild... the machines I'm working with haven't been maintaned very well, and I'm sure whatever can be wrong, is... any help will be greatly appreciated...

Marc

Re: distributor rebuild

Prbably clutch parts, belt, eccentric rollers and carriage tubes. Those are the things that pretty much get worn out or ruined quickly and cause the most grief. Safety links, safety springs and lateral springs should be looked at as well.
    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Don't forget to check the trip rod for excessive wear or bends.
      SGT
      U.S. Army/AVN
      Retired

Comment

Ditto on the above, also check for the older style trip rod that is held together with roll pins, they get loose and cause index problems.

Checked for kinked rear belt runners, often times new mechanics use the distributor to boost themselves out of the machine, this pushes doun on the front of the runner and kinks the bend on the sides, the kink will catch the carraige guide rods when the distributor tries to move from the 9 to the 1 positions.

John
        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
        804-240-4982

Comment

Originally posted by otto matic:
          can anyone give me an idea of the parts I should be replacing in a distributor to do a basic rebuild... the machines I'm working with haven't been maintaned very well, and I'm sure whatever can be wrong, is... any help will be greatly appreciated...

Marc
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whould you like me to come to your center and show you the things to look for?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:
            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by otto matic:

Marc
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Would you like me to come to your center and impart my wisdom for $50 an hour? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fixed.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah,otto matic it sounds like your in the same position I was in!
              I have single handedly rebuilt all the dissy units in a 20 lane centre &amp; have pretty much covered everything possible!
              Check the main shaft drive to make sure it`s not bent.
              The pulley`s x3,for wear along with the trueness of the carriage tube assy,as this will effect the tracking of the main belt.
              I manage to run my dissy`s with a belt that is 5mm wider than the standard belt and don`t have any problems with the belt running off the sides of the pulleys or on the links that are attached to the bottom pulley assy.
              Forget the tracking brkt it`s a waste of time!
              The condition of the open/closed end brgs.
              Freeness of movement on the drive arm assy and the aluminium arm.(make sure not bent)!
              Damaged cam followers.
              Excessive lateral movement and binding on the rear carriage through shaft.
              Hope this knocks a few more off the list!

Comment

The easiest thing to do is have someone come to your center and show you how to completely rebuild a dist.

If your not familiar with distributors then it doesnt matter what we type, it will all sound foreign to you.

Comment

And even when you know how to build the Uber distributor , it will still give you fits eventually. Damn the '70 distributor anyway, with its orientation and fussiness. Why hasnt someone invented a better one yet?
                  The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                    And even when you know how to build the Uber distributor , it will still give you fits eventually. Damn the '70 distributor anyway, with its orientation and fussiness. Why hasnt someone invented a better one yet?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have seen the experimental version.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

oh? do tell. dont leave me hangin jerry, i can see it in my head already.
                      The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

It looks like a cross conveyor! With a 70 turn pan.

Comment

wow. see, i was thinking more of a potato gun. I was way off.

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                            wow. see, i was thinking more of a potato gun. I was way off.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn Monkey, you are cracking my a$$ up today, as you always do...First two post I read today were by you and I can't stop laughing....I better control myself or I'll be the next one grounded from BT by the better half...Jennifer has came in here twice to see what I'm laughing at.
                            Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                              It looks like a cross conveyor! With a 70 turn pan.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well that makes sense.... keep what everyone says is the weakest part and redesign everything else. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously though it sounds cool.

But I like Monkey's potato shooter idea.... except if he had one, his pins would end up getting launched through the masking units. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Then again that would be bad either.... you design a sweep trigger that detects getting hit with a ball.... which in turn boosts the pressure up in the gun.... redesign the camera to immediately pivot 180 degrees.... add some software so it can lock in on the closest subject that emits a heat signature and.....

... PRESTO! It's Monster Garage Bowling [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                              -- Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X