Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need more ideas

I have read earlier posts about swinging dizzys especially from the 3 to 2. i have a few that i cant stop from happening. here is what ive already done: new housing weldment, new drive shaft & u-joint, new clutch (entire), new springs, new safety link, dizzy is level, o-pan does not touch pinwheel, and clutch spring is set 1 notch above minnimum pressure needed. this is very frustrating. any ideas? thanks for any replies!
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: need more ideas

Just a couple off the top of my head...

Stretch a pair of kicker springs on to the coils of the back springs to give 'em a little extra pull that will dampen out the sway.

Make sure that the driveshaft isn't bottoming out in the distributor drive and making it bounce.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Thank you G Man. no bottoming out in shaft. have extra springs on already and helps, but what can ultimately cause this? im lost!!!!!!??????

Comment

could a short belt cause this? maybe? bearings in the casting? i hate dizzys! mine distribute fine...IF THEY DONT SWAY!!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Does your distributor want to go one way or the other without springs and a driveshaft? Just a naked dizzy attached to nothing... does it gravitate in one direction?
          The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Hi monkey... it will move JUST a slight bit to the left (from back) but not enough to make a difference. i mean maybe half an inch. thanks!
            [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Could always cheat, I post this a lot on here. Take a pit drive belt tensioner spring and hook it to the lateral drive arm on the dist. and the pin on the o-pan. This stopped the wobble from the 3 to the 2 on a few lanes I never got to get into as of yet. It is a rig and ya should find out the real cause, but if it's causing you pin jams it should help
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

I Knew a guy in Colorado that tried this and it worked but you have to be careful because your safty link will be useless. He took and made a bracket to put a cam follower on the inside of the directional side of the cam that way it would trap the cam so it couldn't bounce from the 2 to the 3 and it worked but again you had to be carfull because if your dizzy gets hit or jared in any way it could cause the inside cam follower to break though the cam.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

posted by lafarge
                  you had to be carfull because if your dizzy gets hit or jared in any way it could cause the inside cam follower to break though the cam.
                  __________________________________________________ _________

Can't wait to try that!!! Hehe
                  [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
                  Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Mike I never said I tried it but sound like it may work. You just have to watch your chacersnot being to rough with the dizzies.
                    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Welcome back lafarge!!!!!
                      Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I would hazard a guess at the needle bearing needs replaced in the dizzy shaft housing. Have a dizzy which has a bad swing but have used the spring method to smooth out the operation of it until I get round to changing out the bearings.

Also check the plate that the safety link spring attaches onto. If the the plate is bent toward the back of the machine you will loose spring tension, so all you need to do is turn the plate around, and you will re-gain some spring tension!
                        Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Not enough room between BE motor and distributor at the #3 pin position.
                          Check if the BE motor is not tilting to-wards the distributor.
                          So it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie:
                            Not enough room between BE motor and distributor at the #3 pin position.
                            Check if the BE motor is not tilting to-wards the distributor.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good idea I had a westinghouse motor once that the housing of the motor was just a bit bigger than my nationals. The housing was hitting the drive shaft causing it to bounce and cuase all sorts of jams. To check just swing your dizzy from side to side and check the space between the motor and drive line.
                            There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

check that the support bolt going thro the post is tight. also check that safety link is tight and screwed in as far as possible into the eyebolt.i presume that the pinion and sleeve are ok and not binding.as suggested above put extra tension on the lateral spring to try to stabilise the swing.
                              interested to hear what works.as Alastair says check the link is not bent to the rear also.
                              good luck.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X