Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Lucky

I was fortunate enough to have a young man stop in my A2 center and fill out an application, come to find out he just moved here from a center down south that his dad had owned and had been working on 70's since a small lad. Fortunate enough for me he loves the machines, certified in HVAC and is at least trying to quit smoking. Now I have 2 great mechanics in 1 house and 1 great one at the other with some good pinchasers being trained. I really feel fortuate as there was a large mess that really needed taken care of before the season started with the machines not really tuned in yet.

He doesn't get on B-T very often but I will try and get him used to stopping in as he is really a great person and willing to learn even more.

Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: So Lucky

Congratulations on your new help. hope all works out for you. good help is often very hard to find in this industry.
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

It is hard to run a center without good help.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
        It is hard to run a center without good help.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good point, how do they pull it off at your center Queen? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

It is hard to find good quality help period. I find more and more a very lazy attitude in younger folks. No real work ethic I suppose. They all seem to want a paycheck but don't want to work for it. What will happen when all the old war horses are put out to pasture?

Comment

Originally posted by mechanic8230:
            They all seem to want a paycheck but don't want to work for it. What will happen when all the old war horses are put out to pasture?
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's me to a T. If you figure out how that's done, let me know. As far as the war horses, we can always use the glue. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Good luck!
              They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X