Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caarpet tearing

I was working on a bounce plate today. I pulled back the carpet a little, like I have done a thousand times. The carpet seperated along the seam. This carlet is less than a year old. Have any of you ever seen anything like this?

I thought I could try and repair it but every time I touched it it tore more and more.

Frustrating, these things are expensive.

Re: Caarpet tearing

Pat; NO & May I ask who's carpet?
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Im guessing an AMF green

Comment

Pumpkin is my guess.

Comment

I am sorry but I do not want to get into that game. I was just wondering if anyone has exprienced this phenom also.

I hate wasting around $200 so if it could be repaired and used as a spare or something is why I posted.

As far as all of the manufacturers I work with, I truly believe put out their best product and nothing is ever perfect. People have cut me some slack in the past......

I proved that this week, a five hour job took me nearly 15 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by pat:
            I am sorry but I do not want to get into that game.
            As far as all of the manufacturers I work with, I truly believe put out their best product and nothing is ever perfect.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then you have a better experience with manufacturers than I have.
            A lot of times new or old stuff will be sold even with knowing that it has design flaws or is malfunctioning. Who hasn't heard the the sentence "never heard of that, you are the only one with that problem", finding out later while talking to other mechs, they've heard the same sentence from the same person about the same issue [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]
            I understand why you don't want to give the name in public though....
            I can't shut my mouth...but that's my problem.
            Oh and no, sorry I can't help you with your problem, thanks for venting though, I'm ready for work again [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
            So it goes.

Comment

I have seen the Vantage Super Softs tear at the seams. The other small house I go to had really bad problems with this, we use them as well and there's a couple small tears but nothing bad.
              All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
                I have seen the Vantage Super Softs tear at the seams. The other small house I go to had really bad problems with this, we use them as well and there's a couple small tears but nothing bad.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have had premiums do this. And a few mandrels.

Having good luck with the pumpkin, and platinums from AMF

Mike
                Mike

Comment

We got one defective premium in that really tore (about 3/4 of the way across) about a week after installation. This was the only problem with the premiums tho
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Platinums for the win baby, yeah! How's everyone else's platty's holding up? Mine are fan-frickin-tastic.
                    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

I doubt if I will get a year out of my $100.00 grean carpet. I have 3 in for less than 4 months and already comming apart,vantage carpets and a $300.00 credit with AMF..Feliz Dia.

Comment

Pat I have repaired carpets and have added life to them. You will need to find a leather supply store. they sell leature tooling and supplies, the one here is called Tandys leather. You need to get a sewing awl and a spare needle or two, and also they sell a black nylon thread. Ask for the strongest thread they have , it's black and also waxed. It is easy once you get the hang of being a human sewing machine. You puch throw with the needle and thread an make each stich by hand, it takes time but I have sewn up Vantage carpet at the seam and made it work until a new one was ordered. I have no problem draging a manufaturer orer the coals like Lampie said It pisses me of when you here "WELL YOUR THE ONLY ONE THAT IS HAVING A PROBLEM MAYBE YOUR DOING IT WRONG. Sorry A think all you wanted was a way to repair a carpet. This will not last for a year but can get you 4-6 months. Also you can do it on the machine if needed. I also coat the thread with a good glue I recomend "HOUSE HOLD GOOP" best glue tread lock you can find good luck LATER CHIEF

Comment

ED FOX HAS GOT THE BEST CARPET I EVER USED. IT TRACKS GREAT, INSTALLS EASILY, BREAKS IN ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, AND IS VERY ECONOMICAL. I WILL NEVER USE A VANTAGE OR PUMPKIN CARPET FROM JCP AGAIN. ED'S COMPANY IS EBN SERVICES OUT OF NEW JERSEY.

Comment

Had a bad seperation in a carpet once during a busy holiday period. I believe it was a premium, anyway, once it seperates at the seem the plough can agitaite the tair and make it worse very, very quickly. No spare at the time, and the lane had to run, so used a stanley knife and old bowling shoe laces, and stiched it up as best I could. Managed to run untill the new carpet arrived Where's there a will there's a way!
                            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Lampie you are correct. how many times have we heard xxxxxxxxxx as you say. sell it and deny there is or was a problem.usually followed by we'll look into that , really , we will !!!!!!
                              Pat ,sorry, i never saw this in a newish carpet unless it was the old style put on the wrong way round.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X