Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Continued

Well I took the Sept 1999 version of the AMF 82-70 C Mechanics test and well I need someone to tell me what I got right and what I got wrong. Mind you like I said this is with no actual hands-on AMF experience. Ive only seen one (82-90 XL) that's it lol. Well Here it is.

1. Always position the sweep in its down position when working in the Pinspotter.

True

2. When the bowler has delivered the bowling ball, the ball will strike the __CUSION__ starting the machine in cycle.

3. At the rear of the Pinspotter is a large wheel that brings pins up to the distributor.

True

4. This wheel is called the _Pin Elevator Wheel_ and is suspended on a _Wheel Guard and Belt_.

5. You can clean this wheel by _Wiping down with a damp rag_.

6. What does the Sweep do at 270 degrees during a spotting cycle?

Protects the pinspotter by being in the down and forward position.

7. A complete revolution of the sweep shaft is considered to be _360_ degrees.

8. What does “deadwood” mean? Any pin not standing on the playing surface.

9. The _distributor_ carries the pins across the top of the Pinspotter and places them, one at a time, into the _bin assembly_.

10. What do we call the part of the Pinspotter that picks up the standing pins from the lane?

The table (respot cells)

11. Name the degrees at which the Sweep normally stops during a cycle and describe the position of the Sweep in relation to the machine and pin deck at these points.

0/360: Home position, forward and up
    66: First guard Position, down and forward
    270: Second guard position, also bown and forward.

12. What clears the deadwood off of the lane?

The sweep.

13. All stops are not to be written down.

True

14. Are there any restrictions concerning clothing when working on the Pinspotter?

Yes

15. If so, what are they?

No loose clothing and jewelry. No long hair exposed.

16. The _orientation pan_ receives pins either head first or bottom first, turns them and deposits them all base first into the _distributor_.

17. If the bowler rolls a strike, what is the Pinspotter sequence of operation? (Without scoring).

Sweep drops to first guard position, after time delay table drops and feels no pins. Table raises and sweep eliminates deadwood. Sweep moves forward to second guard position and table drops. The shuttle cups rotate to the vertical positions and sets 10 new pins. Table raises and sweep raises to home position and awaits new ball.

18. You should never leave tools or parts on the Pinspotter when you are finished working on it.

True

19. What is the first thing you should do when you get a Pinspotter stop call?

Shut off power to the machine before imspecting the call.

20. Who in the bowling center cannot clear stops?

Anyone who is not certified to work on the pinspotter.

21. What two safety switches will shut off the Pinspotter table and sweep motor if they are out of time.

TB and SC

22. When two or more people are working on the Pinspotter, what should you do before turning the machine on?

Yell "clear" to ensure everyone is away from the pinspotter before operation.

23. Name the cam switches found on the Pinspotter and their function.

TA–1: Runs the table up and stops it at its home position. (355)

TA–2: Starts the sweep running through from first to second guard (270)

TB: Interlock along with SC

SA: Stops the sweep at second guard, runs the sweep home and stops it there

SB: Stops sweep at first guard (66) and starts table spotting action (186)

SC: Interlock along with TB.

24. Should you forget how to install a belt, you should look in the _service manual_ or at the _machine next to you_.

25. How many motors are on the Pinspotter?

26. Name the major assemblies of a Pinspotter and their function.

The cushion: Stops forward motion of the ball and begins cycle by the SS switch

The Carpet: Conveys pins to the rear of the machine to the Pin elevator wheel

The pin elevator wheel: Elevates pins from the carpet to the distributor via orientation pan.

The distributor: Conveys pins across the top of the pinspotter to the bin assembly.

The bin and shuttle assembly: Stores up to 20 pins. 10 in the shuttle for when new pins need to be set and 10 pins in the bin assembly to drop pins to the shuttle assemble when empty.

The table: To spot (spotting cups) and respot (yoke) pins.

Sweep: To clear deadwood and protect the pinspotter.

Ball Lift: To lift bowling ball to a height where it can be returned by gravity.

Well guys there it is, dont be too harsh on me lol like I said this is with NO hands-on experience with the machine at all.
    Wait what?...What's wrong?.....Sure no problem! Give me a really big freakin hammer...I'll fix it.

Re: Newbie Continued

My comments. Please take with grain of salt. I'm pendantic; I'm silly; I'm slow; but I'm usually right. I'm also not modest and hold myself in ridiculously high esteem (did you pick that?).

I'm joking of course. I hope my simple opines help.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

2. Cusion is spelt cushion (nice start lol [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).
    4. I call it a Pin Wheel, but you're probably more correct.
    8. I would have said "any wood on the playing surface that is not standing".
    13. Logical trick. At least SOME stops should be written, making that statement FALSE.
    17. Perfect (and fantastic really) except you said "shuttle cups" instead of just "cups" (I suspect you didn't mean that word, or was going to write about the shuttle doing it's shuttling thing! ;-)
    19. I would not agree with that. Shutting off before you know what's happening? The question is utterly stupid, and you probably gave the best answer in response to such a f***ing stupid question.
    22. Ensuring visually that noone is in the vacinity of working portions of the machine is required at a minimum. Though, yelling "clear" is not wrong (it's a good idea - just not sufficient).
    23. TA-2: ...and also initiates pin read.
    SB: ...and also triggers spotting table motion.
    SC: ...and is required for sweep run-through.
    24. I'd be worried about the safety implications, but you seem to have answered it correctly according to the gaps.
    26. Nice answer - book prefect.

Most of your answers are book perfect, and where they aren't, I tend to reject the questions ;-).

Well done, as we expected of course (I told you so).

Andrew.

Comment

No problem Andrew and thank you. A lot of my answers are pretty text book since it was all I had. I really dont have anyway of working on the machines personally but I want to learn about them (My goal is to learn as many as I can). I appreiciate the comments cause it helps me where I was wrong and just simply helps me know the machine better. lol and question 13 now pissed me off after I read it again it seems my brain didnt register the NOT part of it.
      Wait what?...What's wrong?.....Sure no problem! Give me a really big freakin hammer...I'll fix it.

Comment

#4:

My answer would be that the pinwheel is suspended by a ring tube that rides on 4 guide rollers. The wheel guard actually supports the rollers.

JMO, though.
        "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I was iffy on the question really, its basically the same thing as a brunswick pin wheel where the wheel is suspended on 4 guide rollers as well and the belt simply drives the wheel. But yes kat the ring tube makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ibengmainee:
            Well I took the Sept 1999 version of the AMF 82-70 C Mechanics test and well I need someone to tell me what I got right and what I got wrong. Mind you like I said this is with no actual hands-on AMF experience. Ive only seen one (82-90 XL) that's it lol. Well Here it is.

1. Always position the sweep in its down position when working in the Pinspotter.

True

2. When the bowler has delivered the bowling ball, the ball will strike the __CUSION__ starting the machine in cycle.

3. At the rear of the Pinspotter is a large wheel that brings pins up to the distributor.

True

4. This wheel is called the _Pin Elevator Wheel_ and is suspended on a _Wheel Guard and Belt_.

5. You can clean this wheel by _Wiping down with a damp rag_.

6. What does the Sweep do at 270 degrees during a spotting cycle?

Protects the pinspotter by being in the down and forward position.

7. A complete revolution of the sweep shaft is considered to be _360_ degrees.

8. What does “deadwood” mean? Any pin not standing on the playing surface.

9. The _distributor_ carries the pins across the top of the Pinspotter and places them, one at a time, into the _bin assembly_.

10. What do we call the part of the Pinspotter that picks up the standing pins from the lane?

The table (respot cells)

11. Name the degrees at which the Sweep normally stops during a cycle and describe the position of the Sweep in relation to the machine and pin deck at these points.

0/360: Home position, forward and up
            66: First guard Position, down and forward
            270: Second guard position, also bown and forward.

12. What clears the deadwood off of the lane?

The sweep.

13. All stops are not to be written down.

True

14. Are there any restrictions concerning clothing when working on the Pinspotter?

Yes

15. If so, what are they?

No loose clothing and jewelry. No long hair exposed.

16. The _orientation pan_ receives pins either head first or bottom first, turns them and deposits them all base first into the _distributor_.

17. If the bowler rolls a strike, what is the Pinspotter sequence of operation? (Without scoring).

Sweep drops to first guard position, after time delay table drops and feels no pins. Table raises and sweep eliminates deadwood. Sweep moves forward to second guard position and table drops. The shuttle cups rotate to the vertical positions and sets 10 new pins. Table raises and sweep raises to home position and awaits new ball.

18. You should never leave tools or parts on the Pinspotter when you are finished working on it.

True

19. What is the first thing you should do when you get a Pinspotter stop call?

Shut off power to the machine before imspecting the call.

20. Who in the bowling center cannot clear stops?

Anyone who is not certified to work on the pinspotter.

21. What two safety switches will shut off the Pinspotter table and sweep motor if they are out of time.

TB and SC

22. When two or more people are working on the Pinspotter, what should you do before turning the machine on?

Yell "clear" to ensure everyone is away from the pinspotter before operation.

23. Name the cam switches found on the Pinspotter and their function.

TA–1: Runs the table up and stops it at its home position. (355)

TA–2: Starts the sweep running through from first to second guard (270)

TB: Interlock along with SC

SA: Stops the sweep at second guard, runs the sweep home and stops it there

SB: Stops sweep at first guard (66) and starts table spotting action (186)

SC: Interlock along with TB.

24. Should you forget how to install a belt, you should look in the _service manual_ or at the _machine next to you_.

25. How many motors are on the Pinspotter?

26. Name the major assemblies of a Pinspotter and their function.

The cushion: Stops forward motion of the ball and begins cycle by the SS switch

The Carpet: Conveys pins to the rear of the machine to the Pin elevator wheel

The pin elevator wheel: Elevates pins from the carpet to the distributor via orientation pan.

The distributor: Conveys pins across the top of the pinspotter to the bin assembly.

The bin and shuttle assembly: Stores up to 20 pins. 10 in the shuttle for when new pins need to be set and 10 pins in the bin assembly to drop pins to the shuttle assemble when empty.

The table: To spot (spotting cups) and respot (yoke) pins.

Sweep: To clear deadwood and protect the pinspotter.

Ball Lift: To lift bowling ball to a height where it can be returned by gravity.

Well guys there it is, dont be too harsh on me lol like I said this is with NO hands-on experience with the machine at all.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn, I could almost ace this test without ever having worked on an 82-70. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Looks like most of the questions are common sense (only worked on A/A-2's). The only things I'd have problems with are switch functions and sweep positions. Guess I need to find an 82-70 house that'll let me tinker around. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

4.) the elevator wheel is mounted on pin wheel rollers
              13.) false all calls are to be written down for the head mechanic to
              1.)judge his progress
              2.)look at any reaccuring problems
              17.) you forgot that the spotting solenoid is activated and the shuttle pulled forwoard releasing pins in the cups.

from what i can see those are where you went wrong pretty good but now answer this one what are the differences between 70's and 90's
              When in doubt check at bowl-tech
              When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

Originally posted by mjs:
                4.) the elevator wheel is mounted on pin wheel rollers
                13.) false all calls are to be written down for the head mechanic to
                1.)judge his progress
                2.)look at any reaccuring problems
                17.) you forgot that the spotting solenoid is activated and the shuttle pulled forwoard releasing pins in the cups.

from what i can see those are where you went wrong pretty good but now answer this one what are the differences between 70's and 90's
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Having zero experience on an AMF machine I would have to say a 90 is newer so it''ll break less and run better! :p [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

I think IBE's answer to that question will be more correct than mine.

Comment

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

Almost 1 week of confidential AMF info and not a thing done about it.

If you need help Mike just let me know. This is a perfect example of why you need admins with Delete, Move, Sticky, etc. privileges.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:
                        Almost 1 week of confidential AMF info and not a thing done about it.

If you need help Mike just let me know. This is a perfect example of why you need admins with Delete, Move, Sticky, etc. privileges.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree.

Comment

The cam switches should not even be on the test. I would show them where they are but until he/she gets more ecperenice on the machine they show never touch them. Lot of people that these test after two weeks on the job. not enough time. Should stay a pin chaser at least a week get to know the machines first.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X