Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Chassis

Hi!

I need to troubleshoot a "dead" MP Chassis (82-70). Tested Relays, Contactors, Thermal Trips, Klixon, PCB Card etc.
    When you apply power there is nothing - no pinspotter light or motors come on - no switches on chassis or front of machine control panel work...

Pins and sockets seem fine and power is tracable inside the chassis - just no switch on..

What next?

I am thinking T1? T3 ?

Advice appreciated!

Thanks.

G.

Re: Dead Chassis

How about the pins in the mask plug to the mask on/off switch?

Comment

Have you tried the chassis on another lane ? And have you tried a chassis on the lane which the chassis originally faulted on. It may seem a silly question but someone will ask later.

Comment

Thanks for replies so far. Yes have tried on other lanes - same.
        Pins in mask plug - not tried that yet..although they look fine to the eye. Anyone have the pin nos for the mask switch?

Comment

Pins in the mask plug are 2 & 28.
          Jim H

Comment

Thanks. Checking them...

Comment

sorry to suggest that the transformer may be dead.
              maister

Comment

T1?

Comment

sorry i should have said on the output side.
                  maister

Comment

Ok I did more testing on it as we were a lot quieter today ;-)

The pins and sockets are fine.
                    There is mains into the chassis.
                    Pinspotter light and motors do not come on when reset. No controls work... However... If I manually press down the sweep or table contactors the motors run - the back end even came on for a bit then went off when i ran the sweep.. Other wise everything still dead.

Anyone got more ideas?
                    Thanks.

G.

Comment

Out of curiosity, have you tried turning the machine on at the AMC box ? When you turn the machine on here, you will here a little clicking noise coing from the chassis. Get back and let us know

You've established you have power, (please be careful when pressing the contactors directly in the chassis, if there were a fault in one of them you'd be the first to find out) It just seems to be that the signal isn't getting through.

Comment

Found it!!

After latest findings, it had to be the socket didn't it! Bad Pin connection!!! Thanks to everyone for help and leads..

G.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...
                        Working...
                        X