X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pindication

Hi guys,
    I have a problem with one of my chassis',
    what the problem is , is that i have got not pindication, well i do for about 2 mins, after about 2 mins i lose all lights as in no 1st or 2nd ball light no X light . I tried all 5 boards from a known good working chassis, i changed the cp2 in the chassis no difference. The PM plug connections appear to be tight and in good order.
    Any help would be muchly appreciated.
    Cheers Brett
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Re: No Pindication

It was CB 4 (fuse) in my MP Chassis Thursday.
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Is this a S/S chassis? The klixon may be going bad if so....
      I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

If it's solid state than it's for sure the clixon! But check for short cuts first. Most of the time a nut comes loos and get's in between the side of the chassis and a board. Shake the chassis up side down and see what drops out. Otherwise your masking unit makes a short cut to ground.

Comment

Bag the 5 boards and go Omega Tek.

Comment

King has spoken all royal deciples may bow down now.
            They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

I am actually decipleless now I believe.

Comment

Take bottom cover of chassis off and you will see a silver heat sink in one of the corners. Make sure a nut didnt ground out something in there. Look hard because it may be stuck inside.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                  I am actually decipleless now I believe.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nah, I'll always be your deciple King... As said check out the heat sink under T1, make sure nothing is in there causing the klixon to blow. Sometimes a nut or whatever will get in there causing this, good luck
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Anyone who doesn't bash those beautiful Sure-Piks will always be worthy of my respect [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not as simple as that not my call thats up to head office
                        AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

the klixon is like a protection fuse and was more evident on the 82/30 when the pindication lights used to go off after a time delay.
                          maister

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head:
                            </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/70 king:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not as simple as that not my call thats up to head office </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I hear ya, I know the feeling. But it is good advice and if at all possible I suggest it as well. OT boards are rock solid, plenty of guys will back me here. Install those babies and watch your chassis problems disappear

Comment

Use aligator clips on your red/black leads across the klixon, set your VOM to AC amps (assuming it is capable of measuring current), to see what the draw is across it.
                              When the lights are on, you'll see '0', but when the klixon is open, you will see what the light circuit draws. Without pindication, the 1,2 and strike will draw LOTS less that the klixon is rated for - it was designed to handle the 10 pin lamps.
                              Now, I'll second and third the diagnosis by wb8yjf and Pinchezr.
                              Cheap fix - but not self resetting is to solder in a fuse holder.
                              Fancy fix - drill a hole in the chassis and mount a pop-out breaker.
                              Probably the recommended fix - replace it.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X