Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brand new pins getting trashed

i have a lane that is putting rub marks on the belly of brand new pins but to top it off it actually gouges the head of the pin. i have never seen this before can anyone give me a good place to find out whats doing it
    When in doubt check at bowl-tech
    When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Re: brand new pins getting trashed

Check the plows for cracks. As the pins roll on the carpet waiting to be picked up by the pinwheel, the plow can scratch them if there are cracks. Also check the bin assembly for anything loose or sharp.

Wang

Comment

You may also want to check your spotting cups. Occasionally you may get a jagged edge on a cup and it could mark the pin as its being shuttled into the cup. Check your kickbacks for any exposed nails as well.

Comment

i had this problem,i found out that it was the cushion plank,the housings had worn and the plank had lowered down a bit,the pins where getting caught under the cushion plank and the carpet was melting the plastic,which,when they went into the pin wheel,left gouge marks on the pins,like they had been melted around the middle.

Comment

Rub marks on the bellies of the pins can also reusult from the cushion blocks wearing and causing the cushion to hang too low. The pins get trapped under the cushion plank and the carpet burns them!
          I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

HaHa!! Everton you beat me by 2 mins!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

ok but where would the gouges in the neck come from
              When in doubt check at bowl-tech
              When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

Try looking in the bin, around the 4-7 pin area, look for tell tale signs of little white pieces of plastic. This happens when a pin is dropping into the bin hitting a piece of metal from an adjoing bin. Also the headpin giudes will do it but usually that will be more toward the belly of the pin.

Comment

I agree with Klixon/Wang on the head gouges, bin or plows. Wherever it is you'll get white shavings in that area, if its in the bin or shuttle you might see these shavings on the table somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by mjs:
                    ok but where would the gouges in the neck come from
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sharp edge on turn pan near devil horn is a likely spot.
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

long flat gouges on the neck are usually pins falling off the o-pan and glancing the sharp side of the dizzy support bracket

im not 100% sure what might do the ones on the bellies

jez
                      Want your old pins collecting anywhere in the UK? email me on jezsmith@aol.com

Comment

if it is the cushion plank,you will find shavings on the dizzy pan and under the machine.

Comment

Plow cracks.

Comment

Plow has been responsible for a lot of pin damage, but i did have a lane that was scoring the bellies all the way around on ALL the pins. Took me a bit to figure it out. Kidney pan. Too high. Smooshing the pins against the pinwheel. Would actually stop the pinwheel intermittently. Plow is a great candidate. Also, think of all the crap a pin hits when its bouncing around your pindecks. Nails or screws a little tall in your kickback panels, underside of the table casting, etc.
                            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Inside edge of the ball exit / ball exit ring... if it's cracked or ragged, it'll cause a lot of pin damage. The edge facing the pindeck is the most dmamging one. Corner pickoffs and solid corner shots kick the pin(s) towards the ball door edge, and when they hit the sharp edge, it scalps the bejesus out of 'em.

Scuffs in the belly are most commonly caused by pins rolling between the carpet and tailplank, but rolling against the plow (especially a cracked one), or just 'idling' on the carpet causes scuffing from the dirt and grit the carpet picks up, which essentially makes it like sandpaper to the pins.

And as was mentioned, other common areas are the wheel and orientor areas, covers off the pin holders in the bin (leaving the sharp metal in them exposed), sharp casting edges on the cups, and occasionally sharp or broken edges under the table casting that scrapes the pins on a solid hit that throws them upward into it.
                              <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X