Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had scoring problem, now strike cycle

We had a power problem and blew out 3 boards (Accuscore) on 1 pair. We replaced those and now scoring works.

However, now on one of the lanes the pinsetter is always in strike cycle. Throw a gutter ball, get a strike. It fits right in with todays lane conditions, don't you think?

Anyway, I didn't spend much time on it last night and will go back this weekend to try and find the problem.

I did change the chassis and the problem was not corrected.

I am thinking it could be a ground wire to one of the fingers or a TA switch. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Re: Had scoring problem, now strike cycle

Is this Accuscore I or II? If so, try another EMC board (the one that all the cables to the machines plugs into).
    Jon
    I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

I believe it is Accuscore I. However, I forgot to mention that if you cycle the machine with scoring powered off, the machine still detects a strike every time even with the scoring turned off.
      Lee

Comment

Another note. We did change the EMC board and the problem persisted. I do believe that it is not a scoring related issue. But I could be wrong.
        Lee

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo:
          However, I forgot to mention that if you cycle the machine with scoring powered off, the machine still detects a strike every time even with the scoring turned off.
          Lee
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Check for broken common ground wire that bonds to the table casting.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

So with the scoring off the table is coming down detects a strike and then spots pins on top of the re-spotted pins? If this is the case you have no grounds going to TAC strip.

With the scoring off…If the machine is going thru a short strike cycle (where the table is not feeling for pins) then I would think that you have a false foul cycle.

So what is happening?

Triac

Comment

Kat;

That was my first thought. I was brought up on one of the first MagicScore installations. Can I simply unplug the harness that connects to the table to test to see if the problem goes away? These machines have been let go somewhat and we are slowly getting them back in shape.

Thanks,
              Lee

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo:
                Kat;

That was my first thought. I was brought up on one of the first MagicScore installations. Can I simply unplug the harness that connects to the table to test to see if the problem goes away? These machines have been let go somewhat and we are slowly getting them back in shape.

Thanks,
                Lee
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, you can do that. BUT, you will have to short at least one of the gripper switches (1-10) to ground on the the TAC board. Simply removing the table cable WILL result in nothing but strikes being detected.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Yes Kat. simply take one of the wires going to the C2A from one of the numbered terminals on the TAC board and put it to ground. this will tell the table that there is always a pin in that cell and it will not spot on top of pins.to test it it is scoring related, e.g. a bad camera then unplug the APS plug from the chassis and cycle the machine.it fault stays it is on machine, if it goes away it is a scoring problem.
                  maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X