Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper ball lift yolk

Hey guys how do you get the upp yold of a ball lift off? I am thinking about hitting it with a huge hammer but I would probably hit my thumb and I am already frustrated unough with this job! LOL

Re: Upper ball lift yolk

All you can do is spray it with penetrate and tapon it till she loosena up. Id check all your lifts and be sure theyre lubed regularly should come off easily each time good luck

Comment

lube and a big azz pair of channel locks. twist to loosen, she'll come off. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
      Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

As has been suggested..... lots of WD-40 at both ends and patience. If you have the rail off get some WD-40 down into the bolt holes too.
        -- Larry

Comment

We hit 'em with B'laster or Liquid Wrench... WD40 doesn't seem to break it loose as easy. Tap it LIGHTLY with a hammer or a piece of steel pipe... and I do mean lightly... that's cast aluminum you're beating on.

If it's REALLY stuck (steel and aluminum have a bad habit of seizing together), do the above & let it soak for a couple days... then wipe off the excess oil from the surface and add a little heat... An electric heat gun or a plumbing propane torch is all you need. You're not looking to make it glow red... just heat it up some so it'll expand, then tap it and try to turn it a bit with a pipe wrench or a big pair of channellocks. That will usually break even the most stubborn ones loose.

After you get it apart & do whatever you need to do, remember to sand and clean the corrosion or rust off everything, and adding a little antisieze to the inside of the yoke collar where it meets the steel wouldn't hurt... it'll make it easier the next time it needs to be removed.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Thanks for all the advise. I have sprayed it with PB Blaster, Similar to liquid wrench and a local store sell it. I have let it sit all night. I will keep you informed.

Comment

Hey Pat:
              Here's a little trick that I use so that the next time you take a upper lift yoke off you don't have to beat it off. Once you get the yoke off the tube, take a wire wheel to the tube and clean it off real good. Then, as best as possible clean the inside of the yoke too. When putting the yoke back on the tube, first coat the tube with vasalene. Why? It will not run off as grease will. This stuff works real good on the sweep shocks too. Anyway, after getting the lift completely assembled get some good old duct tape. Use the tape to cover up the top of the hole in the yoke. This will stop any dirt and stuff from getting onto the tube, reacting with the grease and causing it to freeze up. Have gone 3 or 4 years between pulling a lift and the yoke came off just fine.

AMF DOCTOR
              The doctor makes house calls.
              AMF DOCTOR
              The doctor makes house calls.
              http://s427.photobucket.com/home/AMFDOCTOR/index

Comment

Maybe its just me....but I have NEVER had one seize that tight on me.Then again...I grease the upper tube/yoke on a yearly basis.If you need to beat on it...use a rubber mallet or an old bowling pin as it will absorb the shock of hitting it.

Comment

As John Isbell would say....coat it with Anti Seize.

Comment

Originally posted by pat:
                    Hey guys how do you get the upp yold of a ball lift off? I am thinking about hitting it with a huge hammer but I would probably hit my thumb and I am already frustrated unough with this job! LOL
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Take off the c-channel, release the spring tension, remove belt and slide off yolk. Hehe

Comment

Take off the c-channel, release the spring tension, remove belt and slide off yolk. Hehe
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do it that way, without the hehe, maybe he means the lower yoke, I have neverevernever had problems like that with the upper one....
                      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                      So it goes.

Comment

Got it! I used PB Blaster channel locks and a pry bar for leverage. This thin has been on since 75 or so. It was a lot of work.

I used the penitrating oil until I could turn the assy with the pry bar. After I turned it many times. I used channel locks and hammer to coax it rest of the way. Thanks for the advise.

I will clean lube this before I put it back on.

Comment

This thing has been on since 77 or so. So I had to beat it a little.

Comment

like I always say regular maintenance is all it needs. 10 years never had one freeze up on me.

Comment

Sawzall ???????? LOL [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X