Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Plow

It seems like the small plow(odd and even)cracks in the same spot. I installed a new one 2 months ago and it is now cracked.The new plow must have been in inventory for a while since it does not have the additional peice of metal the ones that we received 2 months ago from AMF and Vantage seem to have.The old plows used 3 bolts and I have been drilling a fouth hole for the new ones.What is causing the cracks? And has anyone repaired and reinforced this area?Is it worth repairing?Does this extra peice of metal stop the cracks? Or am I just buying the plows from the wrong company?
    Well we're safe for now. Thank God we're in a Bowling Center.

Re: Small Plow

Jere, where are the plows coming from?
    Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
    804-240-4982

Comment

As in the edit above the new plow has been in inventory for a while. No extra peice of metal and no identification of origin. Recent plows are AMF and Vantage and have the metal reinforcement.May have answered the question in my edit? Thanks John

Comment

weld a piece of metal on the back of the plough(you need to remove the tar first)where it is crcked,then weld the crack,had them running for a few years like that with no probs,dont know why they cracked it the first place,but i had 10+ crack in the same place.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. The new plows have a peice of metal welded perpendictular to the cracked area. Did you weld the metal flat or perpendicular?

Comment

Perpendicular weld is fine. Plows often crack due to pins falling off the o pan.Thats the usual problem I find anyway. sometimes recoats will hang in the pinwheel longer and fall out after going by the pan smashing into the plow the reinforced plows take the blow.

Comment

From my experience, metal only cracks if there is movement, make sure they stay tight and if you find the same one's coming loose, when doing maintenance, than fix them.

Frank.
              always doing my best.

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

After the first weld it is usually good to go. AS long as you put it back on the same machine that cracked it. The plows mount to a framework correct? Is that frame the same from machine to machine?
                  In the long run you could re-adjust any kickback movement and/or loosen all parts related to the attatchment of the plow and squareness of the B.E. assy.. But its easier to just let the machine tell you how the plow needs to be shaped.

Comment

The perfect filler piece to weld in behind those cracks, busted bin straps!
                    I've been using this method for a while, reinforces it great! Make sure to trim the bend out of it though, as it will drag on the carpet when reinstalled.
                    It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X