Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding a good pin curtain

Does anyone still make the heavy-duty curtain with the thick rubber (smooth finish) and the plastic sleeve insert where the rod goes?? We have tried ordering these from the local guys and keep getting sent Vantage poo.

Not that the Vantage curtain is horrible but I have needed to do patching on the sides of these curtains where holes develop. Remember, some of the curtains hang a little different on our 8230s (lower) than the 70s and those rubber blocks really don't help protect the curtain from behind sometimes.

Re: Finding a good pin curtain

Cut an inch off the rubber protection pad so it does not stay in contact with the curtain at all times.....otherwise it rubbs a hole in it.

Comment

Try Classic Products.

1-800-444-0123
      IT'S CARNIVAL TIME!!!

Comment

Stahls 70s curtain is king!

Wang

Comment

Good luck. Ever since they outlawed the good chemicals everything is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by JOE C.:
            Does anyone still make the heavy-duty curtain with the thick rubber (smooth finish) and the plastic sleeve insert where the rod goes??
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a few of the Plastic Insert curtains, really nice. I believe Quality is the maker. been 5 years since i last ordered one

Comment

Very good tip,King--never thought of that.
              Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I have vantage curtain on my machine for 6 years last. AMF's have to be replace every year or two. Vantage still going strong. You have to let them know you want vantage or else they will send you amf's. The only time I have to do a cushion is when the facing goes out. If they could only reinforce the facing without putting two layers on the out side where it wears. I can no longer get vantage because AMF says only to order from them. In the long run its more expensive to go with amf because I have to change it more
                Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

I use the old carpets I take out of the pit. They last FOREVER.

Simple as tracing around you old curtain. You can sew or pop rivet the top. Local shoe repair shop sew's mine for 5.00

But pop rivets hold real good too.
                  Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X