Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sloppy sweep

I have a machine that is giving me problems with the sweep. For awhile, it would keep sliding out of adjustment and thus not trip the scoring switch. It also hesitates at the back row and lurches and bounces at the guard position. I've readjusted all linkages and got it to score consistently. Also adjusted cams, but it still has the quirky jerkys. Hoping its not in the drive shaft but running out of ideas. This is on an 82-70. Any thoughts?

Re: sloppy sweep

Tighten the bolt on the sweep crank arm.

Comment

Just a couple of things for you to check if you have a jerky sweep. First check that your sweep crank arm on the end of sweep drive shaft is tight, also the nut & bolt might be tight but check the slop on the shaft, ie check the woodruff key slot, the key itself & the keyway in the crankarm. Also check your sweep rocker arm/torque tube, on the 10 pin side where the short 3162 rod connects & the sweep connecting rod 3116, where the bolts go through the rod ends & in to the rocker arm you'll see that they just go through a welded section, disconnect rod ends & simply feel the section the bolts goe thru, if its sloppy it'll need welding back into secure it. i take it you've already tried all of the obvious like loose nuts & bolts, broken or worn rod ends, sweep touching framework of machine, nut & bolt that connect telescopic rod to sweep linkage not catching 3116 rods during operation etc.
      Anyway, good luck.

Comment

King nailed it, crank arm... Get that sucker TIGHT... It will cause hesitation at different positions, and if loose enough and bad jumping at 2nd guard. If not that excessive wear to the sweep shaft "teeth" where they join with the gearbox can cause this also, if so replace the shaft and it will run smooth as silk, good luck [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Contact Paul Bany. He has a die that punches out plastic thin spacer washers made out of 'Super Tough'(trade mark) nylon. They have a radius for an opening so they slide in between the links to take up slop. It is not for a "Quick fix" they will last a long time. The large ones that goes on the upper pillow blocks under the cat walk work especially well. His company is Bowling Maintenance, Inc. 612 508 4791. Sometimes the really simple ideas work the best.
          Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Also, check to make sure that the arm crank didnt move in on shaft causing it to rub.
            Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll check out a few more things and get back to you.

Comment

That was it. Crank was moving all over the place. Hate when I miss the obvious stuff.

Thanks again for the tips.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X