Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanes turning off

Having problems with lanes turning off during the middle of games. We are a 40 lane house with qubica scoring and 82/90xl machines. The lanes that turn off are 31-40. They are not consistant. The scorers stay on but the machines will turn off periodically. Once they are turned back on they stay on for a while but will turn back off later on. We are unable to figure out what is going on. Has anyone else had this happen? If so what did you do to fix the problem.

Thanks

John
    If it moves and it's not suppose to use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it's suppose to use wd-40.

Re: Lanes turning off

Sounds like a squirrely relay or board that's losing or dropping out the signal. I'm assuming you're using XLMP's on each pair?

We had a similar, though more isolated, problem like that... We're using Qubica, but we have 82/70 SS machines converted with Omega-Tek MK70 and MK70EX boards. Our machine circuitry and wiring probably wouldn't match yours... on the 70, the AM&C box wiring runs the machine power through the M/M2 relays. Our problem turned out to be in the F-Box... it was replaced w/ the help of Q tech support, and never had a problem since.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Try resoldering the power connections ( input and output)of the 8290xl chassis power supply. You'll find this pcb inside the chassis on the left.
      Look for (very) small soldering cracks usually on the output connector.

bpm

Comment

I might also add that not all of them turn off at once. They seem to just turn off in pairs, if that makes a difference.
        If it moves and it's not suppose to use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it's suppose to use wd-40.

Comment

i would think this is in the scoring causing this. The pinspotter is told to turn on thro the interface box which has a cable coming from the MCU.It may be a problem here as each output controls a certain number of lanes. This source interface box is on the back wall and it could be faulty.try a different port as a matter of interest. Each round plug has two wires going to each xlmp box for each lane , all numbered. hope you find it.
          maister

Comment

It sounds like its related to a communication leg coming off the et-host since it happens anywhare between 31-40. I would start with erase-upload to all your vdb's.

Comment

I have no experience with Qubica scoring, but has someone put lanes 31-40 on time bowling? Just an idea.
              Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

no its not on time bowling, it seems to have no pattern and just happens on those last few lanes

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X