Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlocks

I am kind of new to the 82-70s and am having a problem with lane 1. The machine seems to be out of wack because there is no cycle in back when you push the cycle button in back. If you run the sweep with first cam nothing happens. the second cam the sweep runs all the way to the pit and then stops about half way back then finishes to guard position. table will not come down unless you use the t1 cam. after you run the sweep back up to 0 the table will start to go down and then the sweep will start and run down and into the table causing an interlock. not quite sure what to do about this. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Interlocks

Have you tried changing chassis?

Comment

Is the manages control switch set to instructomat?

What type of scoring do you have?
      Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
      804-240-4982

Comment

Originally posted by John Isbell:
        Is the manages control switch set to instructomat?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Good thought... one thing, though... if it's forced to run in Instructomat, it makes the contactors chatter and spark like he11.

First, I thought possibly a problem with the binswitch, but then I was thinking possibly a problem with OSS.
        <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

I was thinking the offspot switch as well "G". Could be either or really
          All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

If this was an instructomat problem cams would not operate the sweep only the relay in the mp chassis, it looks like the cams are all messed up at the zero positions and they will need to be reset.The cam clusters repositioned at zero first and then all cams switches set individually.
            sorry.
            maister

Comment

I agree with maister, sounds like your cams are way out of whack. Always one of my first ports of call when dealing with oddities on a machine like that, The cams &amp; levers are quick &amp; easy to adjust, but also check for faulty micro switches, wires to micro switches &amp; also cleanliness, ie: no oil over the terminals of switches etc. Who knows you may find that one of your cam clusters is just loose on the drive shaft.

Comment

What type of chassis?

Comment

Sounds like a S/S chassis. Make sure the cam switches are actual Microswitch brand...NOT Unimax! Unimax has a high failure rate.
                  I've had enough of hope & chains.

Comment

T Bowl - what kind of boards are you using in your chassis?

Have you switched board and chassis with other machines? Does the problem follow the machine, the chassis or the board?

Does the sweep run switch run the sweep?

If you run the sweep to 66 (first guard), does the machine continue the cycle (after a time delay)? Try both 1st and 2nd ball.

Hold out TA1 and give SA a flick (pull and release quickly) - does the ball step (1st -> 2nd or vice versa)?

Instructomat won't prevent SA or the SWS from running the sweep (on a SS chassis).

A faulty zero switch or OS switch (grounded) may prevent SA sweep run, but will also prevent time delay (that's why I'm asking if you can get the time delay to activate by manually running the sweep to 66 guard).

Regards,
                    Andrew.

Comment

Also, have you got a C2A tester? It will help diagnose the cam switches (though replacing them is easy enough if you haven't got a tester).

Cheers,
                      Andrew.

Comment

Andrew thank you. the os switch was bad but the machine is acting like it is on auto pilot. it keeps cycling and i disconnected the micro switch in back that is attached to the back stop. that did not solve the problem. also checked the reset switch on the tear drop. no luck.

Comment

Sounds like a terminal might be touching in the AMc box.
                          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Sounds like someone has been doing some creative wire rearranging. We have run into creative sabbatoge from departing disgruntled mechanics.

I sure lafarge can ad lib to some stories that we have run into during our travels.
                            Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

for the record, he travels more; I have a base. lol... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X