X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82/90

hi all,
    just a quick question,
    does anyone know how to reset the frame count on a 82/90 1st generation chassis.

many thanks

dave

Re: 82/90

Hi Dave,

On our 90's we use the Reset Option on the MCU. I just press the Lane Number and hit Reset, It seems to work fine for us.

Where about in England are you? I am stuck way down in Newquay Cornwall.

Andy
    JMF Bowl

Comment

evertonfc,
      There is a sequence of buttons you can push. I have the manual in my office, but I'm not there.
      I'll send myself an email so I can get it for you if no one else can find it first.
      This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

cheers ted,
        that would be great.

dave

Comment

MCU has spec to reset internal frame counter.
          maister

Comment

Yeah, if someone knows it off hand. I'm still on the job and wont get to my book for several days.
            If I dont see the help here, evertonc, I'll post it when I get back.
            The XLs, I believe, cant be reset to 0. There are 2 parameters in the XLi, mechanic and bowled frames. the mechanic can be reset.
            But the orig. 90s can be reset from the chassis keypad, I just don't remember the sequence.
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

you cant reset the 1st gen from the MCU,as ted said,there is a way to reset them by using the keypad on the chassis,its just finding what it is!.

Comment

From the manual:

Resetting the frame counter

The internal frame counter for each lane counts the number of times the machine has cycled since the frame counter it was last reset. It is intended for maintenance purposes only.

In order to reset this counter, press and hold both PROG ZERO keys for 4 seconds as in the Program Lane Number Mode. Instead of altering the lane number, press CYCLE to reset the frame counter for the respective lane.

Hop this can help you further,

Niels

Comment

cheers niels,
                  ill try that today,
                  thanks for your help
                  dave

Comment

works fine,thanks for your help

dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted:

The XLs, I believe, cant be reset to 0.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have managed to reset a 90XL chassis frame count to '0' once accidently. Would like to know if there is a way cos they seem to reset themselves at around 65,500 frames.

Comment

Originally posted by cassenior:
                        ...they seem to reset themselves at around 65,500 frames.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The number after 65,535 is 0. That value - 2 to the power of 16 minus one - is the largest unsigned value that can be represented in a 16 bit word.

deb

Comment

Deb....did you change your screen name???
                          I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...
                          Working...
                          X