Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falling pin

HELP! I have a machine that keeps knocking over the #1 pin. It's happening when a full rack is setting down, and the cell just doesn't clear the bottom of the pin, thus pulling it back. it's happening about every 10 racks. I've had two mechanics look at this, and they can't figure it out. I have full leagues coming in today, and this looks like a nightmare. AMF 82-70's. Any help would be greatly appreciated! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Falling pin

Have you tried changing out the respot cell itself? That would be the obvious solution... and I'm a keen observer of the obvious.

They don't call me the 'Table Guy' for nothing you know. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

have you adjusted the carb link?,sounds like you would be better setting up the re-spot cells from scratch.

Comment

1st Check the cup width.
        2nd check the table height

If the cup width is ok and is about the same as ALL the other cups. Then try lowering the table 1/2 turn.
        Just watch that the cups dont start hitting the top of the pins on respot.

This would be the first 2 things I'd try. As they are the most simple.

Then I'd start checking all the bushings & Bearings.
        Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Thanks! I'll try lowering the table first. We've replaced the cell three times-width is ok. Changed the bearings in the table legs, checked the clevis, replaced all the pins themselves. We've got the cell tilted back about as far as it will go- if we straighten it out, it never lets go of the pin at all.

Comment

Take the cup liners out.

Comment

Have you checked the table to see if it's level ?

Starting to sound like it maybe tilted towards the back. Making the back end of the table lower then the front. You might want to check it to see if you have the same height from the pin deck to the table in the front as you have in the back.

It dont take much of a height difference to cause problems.

Comment

Originally posted by revmaster:
                HELP! I have a machine that keeps knocking over the #1 pin. It's happening when a full rack is setting down, and the cell just doesn't clear the bottom of the pin, thus pulling it back. it's happening about every 10 racks. I've had two mechanics look at this, and they can't figure it out. I have full leagues coming in today, and this looks like a nightmare. AMF 82-70's. Any help would be greatly appreciated! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's your problem, you have a rack attached to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by revmaster:
                  I have a machine that keeps knocking over the #1 pin. It's happening when a full rack is setting down, and the cell just doesn't clear the bottom of the pin, thus pulling it back.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is the pin (or spotting cup) hitting the respot cell itself (the fingers), or is the pin getting caught in the spotting cup? You state that the cell isn't clearing the bottom of the pin... do you mean that the spotting cup isn't clearing the bottom of the pin? Clarifying this would help in finding the solution to your problem.

Comment

Make sure the sweep isnt hitting the headpin as it recycles if so youll want to adjust your sweep cam.Just a thought.ooops guess I read that wrong its cathching on the cell or the cup itself ?Youve changed the cell what about the cup itself?

Comment

when you say cell,do you mean cup? or is the pin getting lifted out of the cup by a finger? sounds like a simple finger cell adjustment to me...
                      Qualified to do anything with nothing!

Comment

I read it as the cup was pulling back on the bottom of the pin. But after I re-read His text. I'm not sure if he's meaning the cup or a finger off the re-spot cell.

More info please.

Comment

Sorry guys, I mean cup. Thanks for the lowering of the table advice- it worked! the #1 pin didn't fall over once tonight, but now the #7 pin has taken it's place. not every cycle, but enough to cause problems (About every 10 cycles.). This started happening after a nasty pin jam in the #2 pin area- could something be twisted, broken, vexed or cracked?

Comment

You may have to flag the table...and get it level side to side and front to back. A flagged and level table lets you adjust cups so they are consistent with each other so when you adjust the bubble the pins set the same....also check your bushings in the connecting rod(lighting rod).

There are several great procedures posted on the site for step by step table adjustment. I think King and Kat both have posted them here before.....
                            Peanut

Comment

Yeah, dont forget the tie link (lightning rod) and put some TENSION on those cups, soldier! Broken yoke springs or springs with no pressure can lead to sloptastic spotting action. Good luck.
                              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X