Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always strike cycle with Accuscore

We have 82-70s with Accuscore. Recently a power surge took out nearly every board in Accuscore on lanes 9-10.

Lane 9 now scores properly and the setter works fine. Lane 10 is another matter.

The setter always senses a strike. It is not a foul cycle, in fact the foul lights are off.

Chassis has been changed. The power can be turned off to the scorer and the problem is still there.

If you cyle the machine from the back panel the machine responds normally by going through 1st ball and 2nd ball cycle.

It gets more weird. For some reason I disconnected one of the wires that is connected to the scoring start switch on the sweep. Low and behold it then cycles normally.

This one is driving me nuts. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Always strike cycle with Accuscore

Accu+ or ?

What kind of pinspotter chassis?

Have you swapped CWC or machine chassis with a known good one?

Comment

Accuscore + and the chassis are a one board chassis. We have swapped chassis with a know good one. Same bad result.

Comment

1. Align the camera.
        2. Swap the camera.
        3. Swap the Accuscore chassis with a known good one.
        4. Swap the Eprom.
        5. Swap the board in the chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo:

It gets more weird. For some reason I disconnected one of the wires that is connected to the scoring start switch on the sweep. Low and behold it then cycles normally.

Thanks in advance.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not weird at all. By disconnecting wires from the start switch above the rake arm, you are essentially allowing the macine to go through an RPO cycle; same as cycling machine from BE control box. Since switch was never activated pinfall data must be read from the cell wires as the scoring does not know to read pinfall data.

Like King said, check your camera for alignment, bad boards, loose connection into J10/J11 or see if the camera is reading the rake board. Make sure it's stopping dead nuts at 66 degrees and not stopping early blocking the line of sight for the camera.
          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

Gonzo, if the scoring chassis is off, you'll not get a cycle from the cycle button on the BE control box. If you do, the scoring was not wired right.
            But, if the machine has a constant strike with the scoring off, or the machine interface disconnected, it aint the scoring.
            Has to be machine chassis. (or board within)
            This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted,

Thanks for your comments. This is a tough one. It is difficult to determine if it is a scorer or a machine problem.

When I disconnect the the wires going to the scoring trigger switch on the sweep, the machine behaves correctly.

When the power to the scoring is off and the trigger switch is connected, the machine always signals strike.

Is there a diode, capacitor or fuse that could be bad outside of the chassis where the table and sweep motor capacitors are located?

This afternoon I will check again the fuse on the power supply for the scoring. That may have blown again while fixing something else.

Thanks

Comment

Any joy?

had an idea but have ruled it out now. after reading your post in AMF scoring forum

Comment

I’m a little confused by your post and haven’t figured out if you have the short strike cycle feature or not.

You say you have the single board chassis, but is this feature interfaced with the scoring to allow smart cycles? (i.e. short “x” cycle…sweep reverse on a gutter)

With the scoring off, but the APS switch hooked up, is it giving you a short strike cycle or is the table feeling for pins and giving you a mechanical strike cycle?

With the scoring turned on, when the machine is always giving a strike cycle what is the monitor displaying? Is it the correct count, or is it all strikes?

If you do have the short cycle features…make sure at least one of your RSC wires is grounded on the TAC board located under the wire way.

Also, check your RPO box. Behind the DC relays there is 1 diode and capacitor for each relay. Check the diodes with a multi meter. You should have continuity 1 way, reverse the leads and you should have no continuity the other. If the diode got hit hard enough it will be visibly evident.

Triac

Comment

<You say you have the single board chassis, but is this <feature interfaced with the scoring to allow smart cycles? <i.e. short “x” cycle…sweep reverse on a gutter

Yes. It has smart cycles.

<With the scoring off, but the APS switch hooked up, is it <giving you a short strike cycle or is the table feeling for pins <and giving you a mechanical strike cycle?

It is giving a short strike cycle. with the APS switch hooked up.

<With the scoring turned on, when the machine is always <giving a strike cycle what is the monitor displaying? Is it the <correct count, or is it all strikes?

The monitor displays all strikes.

<If you do have the short cycle features…make sure at least <one of your RSC wires is grounded on the TAC board <located under the wire way.

I do not know what the RSC wires are nor what the TAC board is. Could you please explain?
                    When you say they should be grounded under the wire way, where in the wire way should it be grounded? At the pinsetter end or near the console by the set tee area?

<Also, check your RPO box. Behind the DC relays there is 1 <diode and capacitor for each relay. Check the diodes with a <multi meter. You should have continuity 1 way, reverse the <leads and you should have no continuity the other. If the <diode got hit hard enough it will be visibly evident.

I will do this.

Thanks for your help

Comment

In your topic on this subject you say you have accusonic, that's what confused me, because that information isn't in this topic, but never mind.

Have you tried swapping camera with another pair of lanes ? If not do it, see what happens.

The RSC wires are for systems prior to automatic scoring where each respot cell ahd a wire attached to it. There is a plug to the right of the four cell on the wireway, the ground wire is around the 4 and 7 cells screwed into the table. When a pin was in the cell for respot, this was how the machine let the bowler know what pins were left standing, but that's for another day.

If you lift the wireway behind the table motors, you will see the terminals for the RSC wires. they are numbered 1 to 10, sw(switch) and ground. On The side that goes back towards the chassis if you don't use the RSC wires connect one of the numbered wires to the ground wire, this is what triac is saying. But this is probably unrelated to your current problem.

Forget about the power surge, that may have just been a coincidence. If you had Accucam, I'd have gone with Kat's diagnosis. The machine is playing with you, they do this occasionally. remeber when you've ruled out the obvious, then everything else is a possibility.

Change the camera and post back with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo:
                        <You say you have the single board chassis, but is this <feature interfaced with the scoring to allow smart cycles? <i.e. short “x” cycle…sweep reverse on a gutter

Yes. It has smart cycles.

<With the scoring off, but the APS switch hooked up, is it <giving you a short strike cycle or is the table feeling for pins <and giving you a mechanical strike cycle?

It is giving a short strike cycle. with the APS switch hooked up.

<With the scoring turned on, when the machine is always <giving a strike cycle what is the monitor displaying? Is it the <correct count, or is it all strikes?

The monitor displays all strikes.

<If you do have the short cycle features…make sure at least <one of your RSC wires is grounded on the TAC board <located under the wire way.

I do not know what the RSC wires are nor what the TAC board is. Could you please explain?
                        When you say they should be grounded under the wire way, where in the wire way should it be grounded? At the pinsetter end or near the console by the set tee area?

<Also, check your RPO box. Behind the DC relays there is 1 <diode and capacitor for each relay. Check the diodes with a <multi meter. You should have continuity 1 way, reverse the <leads and you should have no continuity the other. If the <diode got hit hard enough it will be visibly evident.

I will do this.

Thanks for your help
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ok, now I’m a little clearer on your situation. The part that is now confusing me is when you turn off the scoring, do you still get a short strike cycle or does the table feel for pins then determines it is a strike cycle?

What happens if pins are in the RSC’s (respot cells) when scoring is off?

The TAC board is located in the wire way at the front of the machine. It is in-between the big capacitors (that power the sweep and table motors). The table cable that has all the wires from the respot cells =[(RSC) (aka grippers)] go to this board full of terminals. The ground terminal will be the one in the middle surrounded by individual wires from each RSC. Since you have smart cycle you can jump any or all these wires to ground and remove the table cable. But this probably is not the problem since the machine is short cycling.

If your getting strikes on the monitors I would think that the diodes in the RPO box for the DC relays are probably ok but would hurt to check them.

Been awhile since I’ve worked on Accuscore, but I’ll do what I can to help. It really sounds as if your problem is on the scoring side. Process of elimination is the key by swapping parts with a working pair. Don’t eliminate anything including relays in the RPO box (don’t mix AC and DC), the whole APS chassis as well as the Curtain wall chassis and even the camera. Do one thing at a time and recheck condition. It becomes tedious, but you will learn a lot.

Let us know what you find and where your at.

Best of luck,
                        Triac

Comment

Sounds like a camera went bad.
                          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

could be a bad start switch on the sweep.bad spring or bad micro.if aps plug removed and machine cycles normally then problem is definately in the scoring side of things.try swapping the scoring cables to the CWC curtain wall chassis , where they join the short cables that go to the odd and even ports and dee if the fault moves. if it does it is a cable fault. if it does not change with the swapping of the cables it is in the Curtain wall chassis.
                            good luck
                            maister

Comment

gonzo,
                              Watch the green light on the CWC when the sweep goes down.
                              It will go solid when the data is being taken from the camers.
                              Compare this timing to the adjacent lane.
                              As someone mentioned, it could be the sweep switch (start switch) not making good contact. If the timing is tha same, it's not the switch. But could be the camera (but rare), unless someone sneazed on the lens.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X