Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table problem

Hi guys. I am having a problem with a table motor. When motor starts, I am getting a grinding/chattering noise. Motor is getting VERY hot, and eventually kicks wall breaker. Here's what weve done... c-1 sockets are new, changed chassis, changed motor with sweep still grinds, swapped gearboxes with sweep... same, SSSS from Stal's changed... same, control box breaker, table switch, new wires to motor plug, new capacitors, we're now lost... PLEASE HELP!!!! Any ideas??? Thanks all!
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: table problem

check the bearing on the table driveshaft. take the gearbox off and try to spin the shaft by hand. you could have a siezed bearing.
    SGT
    U.S. Army/AVN
    Retired

Comment

forgot, you will also have to take all the weight from the table off of the shaft
      SGT
      U.S. Army/AVN
      Retired

Comment

When you crank the table motor is it binding or does it manually crank ok What kind of motor is it National -- West?If its not mmechanical than your voltage should be checked. check your c2 plug also.

Comment

while cranking by hand, everything feels fine. If bearing was bad wouldn't there be some resistance? I'll check it out though. Thanks LaRue

Comment

Does the motor actually turn? If not, it sounds like the start circuit is not functioning (which has many causes, but typically the capacitors or the start switch).
            Try the sweep plug in the table motor and the table plug in the sweep motor. This will tell you if the problem is in the electrical/machine side, or the motor/mechanical side.

That it trips the wall breaker rather than the klixon is of concern.

Did you try running the motor while it wasn't on the machine (i.e. a bench tester)? Have you looked inside the motor? Does the wiring look healthy?

Regards,
            Andrew.

Comment

Hi Brian.. Nationals. Voltage to be checked tomorrow(meter not available today). What am I looking for in the c2-a?

Comment

Also, could the spot solenoid have anything to do with this? Too much draw maybe? Thanks again!

Comment

Just make sure all your pins look good in the c2 doesnt hurt to check .If you think you may have a problem with spot solenoid disconnect it.elimate that possibility.With it blowing the breaker on the wall youve gotta be drawing a lot of juice check inside the wireway make sure there isnt a screw lying across terminals that go to your table motor plug.You said youve changed the plug do try swapping sweep and table plugs as Andrew suggested.The problem should move with itAlso if all else fails check your sweep reverse switch in reaer control box Ive had those go bad and cause similar problems.good luck Ill check in with you tommorrow.Brian

Comment

Posted by bent wrench:
                    Also, could the spot solenoid have anything to do with this? Too much draw maybe? Thanks again.
                    __________________________________________________ _________

Machine peak draw is around 24-26 amps for just a moment. Not enough to throw the breaker unless it is holding there.

If you do have a Stahl's motor start relay in the wireway. Go to the motor head and see if the two start switch wires may be touching ground. These wires will be fastened together and must be covered with some sort of insulating material.
                    Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

o.k. all thanks for all your replies. i will check all tomorrow and let you all know. again.. THANKS!

Comment

check in the wireways for a foreign object shorting across any of the table power wire terminals.sounds like it could be failing to get full power and or a short to ground.
                        maister

Comment

Bent Wrench Does the table relay chatter only when its spotting pins? If so it could be that the M relay is dropping in and out because of the counter on the framemeter. If you unhook terminals 5&6 in the AMC box,taking out the front end wiring, and then just jump the terminals to turn on the machine and it runs OK you have something wrong in the Framemeter box.
                          Good luck Paul

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X