Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

make pinwheel rings & brgs on 70's obsolete !

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make pinwheel rings & brgs on 70's obsolete !

I would like to hear your thoughts.

If you could make your pinwheel still function normally without using the ring and four bearings for about the same money or maybe less, would you be interested ? The time it would take to convert to the new style would be approx. the same as putting in a new ring. If you did the conversion, there would be no need to remove the bad ring.

I don't want to go into great detail at this time, really only want to get a consensus about the idea itself. The conversion would end up being slightly similar to the 90 pinwheel set-up.

Thanks.

Re: make pinwheel rings & brgs on 70's obsolete !

Could this be adapted to an 82-30 with a kidney/clutch conversion?
    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Yeah what Toon said.

Ive never seen a 90 so I dont know the setup. I always thought they were nothing more than 70s with updated chassis and motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Meyers:
        I would like to hear your thoughts.

If you could make your pinwheel still function normally without using the ring and four bearings for about the same money or maybe less, would you be interested ? The time it would take to convert to the new style would be approx. the same as putting in a new ring. If you did the conversion, there would be no need to remove the bad ring.

I don't want to go into great detail at this time, really only want to get a consensus about the idea itself. The conversion would end up being slightly similar to the 90 pinwheel set-up.

Thanks.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You forgot to mention what the cost would be. I personally have not had much trouble with 70 ring tubes.

Comment

Re: make pinwheel rings &amp; brgs on 70's obsolete !

Originally posted by Alan Meyers:

If you could make your pinwheel still function normally without using the ring and four bearings for about the same money or maybe less, would you be interested ?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mister X... read the first sentence again.

Comment

Or better yet..

Would you be interested in...an... EDIBLE ring tube weldment? Huh? Huh? Graham cracker perhaps? Think of the possiblities, you could fill your pinwheel wicking tube with jam or marshmallow cream and ...just....eat it!!

I had a few prototypes mocked up , but I had the munchies, and , well, you know how THAT goes.
            The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry The Table Guy:
              </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Alan Meyers:

If you could make your pinwheel still function normally without using the ring and four bearings for about the same money or maybe less, would you be interested ?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mister X... read the first sentence again. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A legitimate question. How much would the cost be.

Comment

Forgot the ?

Comment

Monkey [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] LMFAO

Comment

Monkey, as much as you talk about food, you need to work on tatermashers, LOL!!
                    Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

Sounds to me like it could be the classic setup of the 5850 solid PW with the center bearing and shaft. To incorporate this (for an open PW) you would need a spoke wheel, which could be dangerous. If not, you need something riding below and above or to the sides…how could this be cost effective?

Haven’t seen the 90’s, but I could see one hub riding outside another hub…but without bearings?…again cost effective and reliable????

To me, it would have to outlast the current design that is 98% reliable for at least 25 years…What kind of data can you provide to challenge this?

Comment

I feel it would not be worth the cost.
                        You would need to replace the rear cover with the hoop weldment and associated parts, rollers brackets, supports, etc.....including a new rear guard

The ring tube and bearing configuration is very reliable and takes little time to maintain.
                        Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                        804-240-4982

Comment

IMHO-I believe any price for this is too much. Changed several ring tubes on the 30s but I never had to change one on a 70.We may replace an average of 2 or 3 roller bearings a year at a cost of $22 each and have no calls due to pinwheel problems why would you even consider the expense?

Comment

Originally posted by Brianlah:
                            IMHO-I believe any price for this is too much. We may replace an average of 2 or 3 roller bearings a year at a cost of $22 each and have no calls due to pinwheel problems why would you even consider the expense?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed.

Comment

the 70 and the 90 pinwheel are different, not in size but in the way they are supported, so i agree the cost would be too much.
                              maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X