Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New solenoid

[img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/3560906/111441282.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/3560906/111442849.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/3560906/111442855.jpg[/img]

Easy installation.
    Takes 2 minutes to replace.
    About the same price as (we pay for)a regular solenoid(about 70 Euro).
    Will keep you updated.
    So it goes.

Re: New solenoid

We have a couple of these on, work really well. Beat's changing those feet anyday, and messing with the spring when the feet get one in the middle of a league on a busy friday night................

Comment

I like the simplicity of it…Cool

I’d be curious to know what happens if the table was a coaster and that thing couldn’t lift. Since I don’t see any spring linkage to absorb undesired conditions, I would think the solenoid might get burnt up in a short time.

Triac

Comment

After looking at it again, it appears to be a pusher instead of a puller…Damn Monkey and his magnets. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I could see how no damage would occur if the shuttle stop bolt were out of adjustment. But still curious of what would happen to it on a coasting table. My latch arms don’t have that long extension (as shown) and could easily get pushed behind the spotting arm.

Triac

Comment

This is the spot solenoid that I posted on here some time ago. It requires some small alterations for older 70's with front ends for double solenoids. They are still going strong in my centre and they eliminate alot of the linkages behind/under the existing solenoid, plus as Lampie said they are so easy to replace - if nessasary!!

These are supplied by Embassy Services based in the UK.
          I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

Intresting, does it push the linkage down far enough to bring the opposing links (the ones under the original solenoid) up high enough to lock the mechanism, so the table drive latch roller cannot lift the release lever, thereby causing the table not to run all the way down to the lane.

No doubt that replacement is a breeze.
            Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
            804-240-4982

Comment

I just wonder how often you want (or have) to change the solenoid. If you have to change them often there must be something wrong with you adjustments. I'm in the machines for 25 years and never had one broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchezr:
                I just wonder how often you want (or have) to change the solenoid. If you have to change them often there must be something wrong with you adjustments. I'm in the machines for 25 years and never had one broken.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You have a point here, but, the solenoids in the machines are about 30 years old and I had to replace maybe 3 of 'em in different machines in the last 5 years(nothing wrong with the adjustments, possibly a spring, link or other thingy attached- or related to the solenoid failed, can't remember). It's just a nice replacement.
                The last one I changed was when I was still a heavy drinker, in the morning, with a headache, with too much coffee.... I loved it [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't know why I missed this thread.
                So it goes.

Comment

looks good, only concern is, as John Isbell says, does it ensure shuttle stop bolt released and table eccentric released every time.
                  maister

Comment

One nearby center has them running on all lanes for a year without problems, we will put 4 in next week.
                    I will let you know.
                    So it goes.

Comment

we installed one on a lane.... i'm still to be convinced... i've never really had any problems with spotting solenoids.

had one go (first in 3 years) so put this on.... it does the job but i could possibly be against change ha ha!

Comment

Which vendors in the US carry these?
                        My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampie
                          [img]http://pic17.****************/VOL856/934456/3560906/111442855.jpg[/img]
                          Looks to me the table motor was the problem - its bent [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/slap.gif[/img]
                          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Tee-hee. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Looks like some sort of a blender to me! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

Run a few of the solonoid devices as well. Time will tell, I am neither here nor there, but have changed out two solonoids in as many weeks, but took the option of just replacing the soloniod and not installing the new style unit which I have some of in spares.
                            Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Originally posted by triac
                              My latch arms don’t have that long extension (as shown) and could easily get pushed behind the spotting arm.
                              Ours don't have that extension either, but they're rounded so they don't seem to be able to be caught behind the spot cam lever. I think if the force is enough to push the solenoid back (and since it's a pusher, it will have least strength at full extension, which should make it give way nicely), then it should be fine if only being forced for a fairly small time (tens of seconds perhaps). The same as would apply with the standard solenoids if they get stuck open (they buzz, get warm, sound upset, but generally get over it - like my other half [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]).

And I agree - its simplicity is beautiful.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X