Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing the table...ALONE

Anybody do this alone? I'm guessing that unhooking the counter balance springs is the easiest way ?
    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Re: Removing the table...ALONE

Yea, you'll need to have them buggers off before the table gets unbolted or... SPROING!!... spectacular.

Grab some roller body halves and set the table on it, take the springs off, take the stabilizer rods off, and either take the table leg bolts out or casting bolts, depending on what youre doing.

I advise never taking the table out, however, just on general principal. Nothing good ever came of hard work. Except that one time.
    The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Instead of roller bodies. I use a 4-wheel cart. Set the table down on it. That way when it's unbolted. It's a easy task rolling it out from under the machine.

Not all that complicated, Actually fairly easy.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

springs off and then lower table on to box or cart as old school mechanic says , disconnect spot/respot rods and support legs from table and take it away.
        maister

Comment

I use a crappy old pumpkin carpet to wind the table down onto, one thats gone nice and stiff!!

Probably the best use for the pumkin carpet!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Its the carrying the table back to the workshop alone that kills me!
          I'm Brian and so is my wife.......

http://www.badassbowling.com

Comment

I am actually in the process of rebuilding all my tables. And I can remove them by myself with the springs on. Just hold onto the torque tube and let it up slow when you get the last bolt out. Now putting it back in with the springs on is a bitch, and I can't do it.

I also use a 4 wheel cart to get the table out and roll it to the back.

Mike
            Mike

Comment

4 wheel cart with swivel casters on all four wheels.

Cake
              Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

First of all, remember: If you're pulling the table to do something quick and putting it back in, You won't have to flag it if you disconnect it at the leg bearings (provided it was in the correct position to start with).

18 years ago I built a 6-caster dolly just for the table. It measures about 2-1/2' x 3', with 4 small casters placed so that when the two rear ones are rolled onto the 7 and 10 spots, the dolly is in the right position.
                Then on the rear edge there are two larger "transport" casters, in line, so that when the dolly is stood up onto these casters, it will roll in the vertical position to wherever you want to go.
                The table is lowered onto the dolly and rolled out onto the lane. The table is slid toward the front so that it will clear the rear. The two front leg-to-casting bolts are replaced with longer ones that secure the table to the dolly. Stand it up and roll it away!
                Bring in the new table assembly the same way and reverse the procedure. Piece of Cake!

Comment

BowlEquip, sounds like a sweet cart! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
                  Pinspotters do not break down when they are not running!

Comment

Thanks, Mike. It really is. But it's constructed of 2x4's and a bit heavy. I'm thinking of re-doing it, using light gauge UniStrut Channels.
                    I love UniStrut!! The universal construction material!!
                    Also made a couple of back end dollies from strut channels. These hold and transport pre-assembled back end units (less pinwheels and motors)with their rear kickback edges down, so they can be rolled behind the machines to where they're needed, then dropped down into position.
                    Standing on its back, the back end takes up only 3 feet of space, so I store the two units against the back wall.
                    Great for re-installation projects!

Comment

i just replace a boroken table rocker arm today... took the table out on my own as well..... what special tool did i use fr this job? a skateboard with rubber wheels so it doesnt mark the lane.... you can wheel the table,yoke, cups and finger cells all the way to the workshop alone also! dont listen to rob about carrying it... he has a bad back.... point proved!haha

Comment

Is there an easy way to remove and reinstall those stabilizer springs?

Comment

Do it when the table is up!
                          You can take off the cat walks on either side to help you. Get a spring pull and just pull them on. Not hard at all.

Years ago, I remember one specific head tech telling me to put the spring on while the table was down. Now that was hard!! and utterly ridiculous. There is always an easy way to do everything! The key is just finding it!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

Thanks. I hadn't thought of taking the catwalks off. I'll have to try that. An air ratchet would make quick work of all the bolts.

Comment

With the table up, you can stand behind in the pit an use a regular spring puller (the bailing hook looking puller) to remove and replace the springs, somewhat easily too... No need to remove the catwalks, although that will clear up your visibility a bit...

JMO...

Chris
                              Machines are better than people... I can fix a machine...

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X