Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pins head first out of elevator

We just put new pins in about 3 weeks ago. Nothing a minor adjustment here and there couldn't fix at first.

Now, three lanes are having problems with pins coming up head first missing the fork on the turn pan completely. Causing them to come up the dist head first. Tonight all three lanes are acting up badly all together. Looking for some more options to look at tonight after league if anybody can respond ASAP.

Also, if anybody has the specs to some of the mods I've seen for distributors, I'd gladly take them at this adress. jason@mwisp.net

Thank you.

Re: New pins head first out of elevator

Try taking your kidney pan put it down as low as it can go vertically by loosening the nuts on the backside.Then loosen the nuts on the inside lower the bottom of the kinney all the way.then raise the front until your pin is snug. A good starting point you may have to tweak it a bit but you shouldnt get head first pins give it a try.

Comment

Catfish, check out the Distributor rear belt runners / O pan guides thread. You'll find a mod that will eliminate head first feeds.

Comment

Also try adjusting dist pan back closer to pinwheel. Had the same problem you describe about a week ago.

Comment

What kind of pins?

Adjust the kidney to release them later.

Comment

Use stock 6" pulley's. Our house runs just fine. I know that nobody will agree with this!!!
            Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Brunsamf:
              Use stock 6" pulley's. Our house runs just fine. I know that nobody will agree with this!!!
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yknow, thats a thought i too had recently. I ripped all mine off and put 4 or 5" inch sheaves from Grainger on my pinwheels.

Then I saw the thread about removing the belt runners from the dizzies and I did it on a few lanes. I really like the way they look, but dammit if those arent the only lanes I have occasional pileups on.

Seems like without the belt runner, the pins sag on the belt (no belt runner, makes sense) and dont orient as fast. So I, too, was thinking of speeding up the wheel. I wouldnt mind hearing some feedback on that either. Good luck to you.
              The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Jerry - Amflite II's.

Kidneys were adjusted once more last night and the head first issue was resolved on 2 of 3. Lets see how long it lasts.

Comment

BG - Thats exactly the mod I was thinking of. I forgot where it was. Thank you. I will try and convince the boss to give it a shot ASAP.

Comment

Get some of Ed Fox's turn pan wipes and put them on. Adjust pin guides and your orientation will improve.

Ed did not pay me for this nor am I a stockholder for a wipe company. Just stating my great luck with turn pan wipes. They work well.
                    "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

6"pulleys and the new AMF belt,no better combination.Feliz Dia.

Comment

Go with the opan wipes. The pins roll off instead of slide off, so you can adjust your kidney to let them come of later and they wont over swing. Personally, I like the 5" pulleys and B188 belts.
                        My mom always said there was one crazy person on every bus,... but I could never find him.

Comment

We have the same setup here as Smokey. Adjustable pulleys, B-188 belts, and wipes. Great results with this setup (1 jam a week if lucky.)
                          "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

We have 5" pulleys 188" belts 1 or 2 pileups a week. ave. 2 centers 60 lanes.

Comment

Is there a part# and a phone# so I can tryout the pan wipes?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X