Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solid State Chasis blues

ok got a quote form another post that mutated into something more pressing so here we go.
    Originally posted by Andrew:
    It's a pity you had to quit on the other problem, but I guess knowing when to quit is a trait of a wise person. I rarely know when to quit [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] .

The fact that you've had to rewire the whole chassis after having a lot of it wires missing makes the diagnosis more difficult. But we like a challenge.

No cycle: The first thing to determine is if the board is getting power:
    1. Do the mask lights work (1st/2nd ball)?
    2. Does SA run the sweep? (this relies on board power)
    3. Does TA1 run the table? (this doesn't rely on board power)

Always spots: I assume then that the spot solenoid is always engaging when the table contactor engages? How are you running the table? Does it do that if you manually activate the contactor? The spot relay is probably mis-wired. Does removing the spot relay change the behaviour?

Andrew.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">1. no
    2. no
    3. yes

so i have a chasis that i get power to the pit and lights but no response from cycle button or completion of "run-through" when i manually actuate the switches for the sweep and table. i am using a "5 board conversion" (Omega-Tek)

another chasis i get power to turn on machine but no power to pit motor.

thanks
    just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Re: Solid State Chasis blues

I suggest you chuck the other problem in a new thread too. That way we can deal with them separately (avoids confusion, and I am easily confused [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).

As for this problem: it appears that the board is not getting power, but the contactors are. Contactor power relies on T1 (green winding) and M1 relay (which are therefore functional). That's good.

The board is powered from T1 orange winding and T1 blue winding. Without board power, the mask lights will not work (the supply may be there, but the board is required to complete the circuit).

Since T1 primary is working, the problem is likely to be the orange and blue secondary outputs or the wiring associated with them.

The wires should be connected as follows:
    T1 Orange 1 - PCB5-5
    T1 Orange 2 - PCB5-6
    T1 Blue 1 - PCB5-11
    T1 Blue 2 - PCB5-12

Note PCB5 is the slot where the shorter Omega-Tek 'input' card is plugged in. The pin numbering starts from the end closer to the contactors.

If those wires are correctly connected, then test the resistance of each pair of colours with an ohmmeter (remove boards first).

I don't have the exact numbers on hand, but you'd expect low numbers (less than 10 ohm) but greater than zero. If a secondary winding has failed, it will likely have gone 'open-circuit', so you'll read very high resistance (your multimeter would probably act as though you hadn't connected it yet).

Let us know how you go with this.

Regards,
    Andrew.

Comment

ok so i verified the orange and blue pair of wires coming from T1 to pins on board followed traces and verified with multi-tester. everything checks out.
      i got masking light to come on now and one of the two chasis with similar problems even cycles now. i cannot get B.E. motor to turn on, in fact i verified motors were good but i am no getting voltage to them.

other chasis still has power to contactors but will not cycle and no masking lights.

thank-you for your continued help.

sincerely, Jeremy

Comment

do you have 24volts going to your table and sweep contactors if not don't rule out a broken wire going to coils of contactors or vistors and power diodes on the heat sink mounted under t1 transformer.
        jim k.

Comment

Unfortunately, I am now a bit confused (I warned you, didn't I? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).

So nothing has changed with the priginal problem chassis - i.e. no mask lights, no cycle, but TA1 runs table? I should have also asked whether SWS runs the sweep.

But it seems you still have no power to the board, but do have contactor power. Can you check the voltage (AC) going to the board (orange and blue pairs of wires going from T1 to 5 board as described above).

Obviously you'll need to do it while it's on. Do you have extender PCB cards or a bench chassis tester? If not, you'll need to put the chassis on a machine, remove the board, leave in all relays, and power it up. M relays should turn on. Then test the AC voltage across 5 board pins 5&amp;6 and 11&amp;12. Both should be 24V (or so). Tell us what you find.

Put the pit motor problem in another thread.

Cheers,
          Andrew.

Comment

i had one the other day everything ran i mean pit light and pit but the cycle button didnt work try the main power switch it may be bad or the wires going from there in to the chasis
            When in doubt check at bowl-tech
            When people are around no cursing and throwing things

Comment

Andrew ill give it a try, thanks i will keep you posted [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

as for confusing you im sorry, you did in fact warn me [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]

Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by J-man:
                Andrew ill give it a try, thanks i will keep you posted [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

as for confusing you im sorry, you did in fact warn me [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No worries, Jeremy. Good luck.

Comment

ok so to follow up i did in fact locate the no cycle problem it was the KX relay, ripped it out and all is well. thank all of you so much for your help, my apologies that i do not post when i have found a solution un a timley manner. further more my apologies for my posts getting so scattered, they say cleanliness is the sign of a twisted mind [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                  i am flying solo in a 16 lane house with no prior experience, let alone ever gone bowling before [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] i am picking up on the sport as well as how these machines work, (at least mechanicly, still working on the electrical) its been a year and still got em' running!

again appretiation to all of you for your help, and patience.
                  Sincerely, Jeremy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                  Working...
                  X