Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick a pin, any pin...

I've recently moved over to the AMF 90XL at the new centre I'm working in, having come from a Brunswick centre. There's obviously lots of differences, but basicly they all have to do the same job.

The one feature I feel I'm miss though is the ability to set up spares and splits automatically for our league bowlers during practice. I know that some of them miss it too when they visit from other centres.

The only way I can see of doing it would be to change the index cam on the distributor, putting in one with a different pattern printed on it. Does such a thing exist out there, different cams for different pin spotting set ups?
    What do we do with the bits left over?

Re: Pick a pin, any pin...

You cousin is in Texas.

He will hopefully respond.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The biggest problem with your idea is that you would have to change the cam and pinion for every possible combination for that machine. This would take at least 5 minutes to do every time for every machine. Plus the 9 pin would have to be included in every combination to spot the pins. In addition, you would need a bazillion cams and pinions for every machine for every combo.

The only other way I see your idea to work is that you would need a computerized distributor with a DID interface and something to turn on and off the PW since its delivery is constant. Also it would have to actuate the bin switch to spot.

The idea that I came up with a long time ago (cant find the post) is to have all the respot cells driven individually by something like solenoids or servos. This setup would have to interface with the scoring, the bowlers consol and chassis logic.

The way it works is that the bowler pushes the combination they want. The machine cycles and respot cells for the desired combo would be the only ones that would close and the rest of the pins would be swept away. Then the machine would be put on 2nd ball.

By interfacing my idea with the scoring, only those pins that are read would need the corresponding RSC's to close, saving wear and tear on the RSC and driving components.

Triac

Comment

Thanks triac, your idea sounds similar to the brunswick method, where they use a solenoid and a couple of switches attached directly to the cups, and hooked up to the scoring.

Basicly, a switch tells you when the pin is loaded into the cup, and 2 levers close around the neck of the pin, then the table spots the pins for the first cycle and the solenoid opens the levers on the requested cups, taking the remaining pins back up.

Ofcourse I've now learnt that pins being left in the cups on the XL style table is not a very good idea.

I hadn't really thought that it would necessary to change the pinion aswell. I was thinking that the pattern on the cam could be altered alone and still keep everything in sync. Ideally then you could have a cam with pattern inserts, which could be swapped around for different set ups.

Still, that wouldn't solve the problem with the bin switch if the 9 pin wasn't selected. Also it wouldn't be tied into the scoring, which is a much better solution.

Lots to think about!
        What do we do with the bits left over?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
        Working...
        X