TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set up call of the night.

During leagues, I get a call: "Set up the 4-6-5-8 on 7...", and I'm like "WTF?" So, I call up to the desk, and say "Are you sure? It's impossible to leave that!" Desk responds: "Yes." I, being smart(?), respot the 2-4-5-8 (the only set up I can think of that's close to what they called back), and a few seconds later get: "4-6-5-8!!!" So, I set that up, knowing that it's totally wrong. A few more seconds later, I get "4-5-7-8..." (being the last set up I'd probably think of), and finally get that set up. Only took like 5 minutes for that set up. Ya think with eight bowlers on that pair, one would know what to tell the desk.

Re: Set up call of the night.

I got one close to that the other night, "set up the 457 on 37".
    I called the desk and told the gal,
    " we only have 36 machines".
    She ment #7.
    Marv
    77 E-250 4x4 van

Comment

It's the same all over the world. Desk people are cloned. I've got one that will call back, Re-spot the 10 pin on lane 20, and they need it on 2nd ball. well, duuuuhhhh!
      Without Mechanics Where Would We Be?

Comment

during Sr womens league i had add the 1-7 on 30.
        the 2-3-10 were on the deck.
        i set it up, and they shot at it.
        that's the 1-2-3-7-10.

Comment

i had the same the other night during a league game. i get a call to clear the deadwood from the deck on lane 9 but leave the other pins standing. so i clear it. 2 mins later i get a call for the same lane to respot the 2 pin so i respot that. i then get another call 2 mins later to respot the 3 pin. it wasn't control that was getting it wrong, it was the league bowlers this time. the whole team were arguing over which pin needed to be respotted!!!!
          "Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

Comment

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] My favorite topic. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] Desk Jockeys [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

My little tale.

Comment

A long time ago I used to get calls to respot an off spot pin.

Only during women's leagues. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                -- Larry

Comment

I think my favorite call ever was "Add the 9 on 42" I go down to 42 and look at the 3-9 standing. I promptly call up front and said "What's going on here, they have the 3-9 standing already! What do they want?" Apparently the 5 slid offspot right between the 2 and they wanted that respotted where it was and didn't know how to call it in. The manager told me, I stuck a pin between the 3-9 and watched them throw at it. Definately a different one, gave me a chuckle that night
                  All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

MY DESK PEOPLE CALL ALL MACHINE STOPS, OUT OF RANGES. TO THIS DAY THEY DONT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 270 WAITING ON PINS.AND AN INTERLOCK. MY FAVORATE IS WHEN THEY CALL BACK AND SAY 13 NEEDS FIXED...AND THEY ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY WE NEED THE 1,2,4 PINS ON 7 AND MOST OF YOU GUYS KNOW THE WORD PIN SOUNDS TEN GRRRRRRRRRR BUNCH OF DUMBA**ES!!!!! THE JUST DONT LISTEN
                    DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

Originally posted by Rep:
                      I think my favorite call ever was "Add the 9 on 42" I go down to 42 and look at the 3-9 standing. I promptly call up front and said "What's going on here, they have the 3-9 standing already! What do they want?" Apparently the 5 slid offspot right between the 2 and they wanted that respotted where it was and didn't know how to call it in. The manager told me, I stuck a pin between the 3-9 and watched them throw at it. Definately a different one, gave me a chuckle that night
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think most rules say that the pin has to be restood where it originated (#5 in this case).

But it's hardly worth the argument with league bowlers or the manager. I'll stick it wherever they want! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Exactly Andrew. When machinery knocks the pin over it should be respotted back on spot, but hey, if they want it there, they got it :p
                        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Can you add the 2 and remove the deadwood from the deck.

Comment

Quote: "THE WORD PIN SOUNDS TEN GRRRRRRRRRR"

And that is why I love my counter people. They never say "pin". [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I remember a few years back i got into a raging argument with my old manager during the South Pacific Classic, a huge sanctioned tourny, He called me over the P.A and said on 26 we have an OOR but they need the pin moved back to its original spot and i told him its to stay where it is and he said if you want your job you WILL move the pin but i stook to my guns and refused to move the pin as i told him like golf if the pin is in play its to be bowled at where it stands UNLESS the machine has moved it.

Had another one the other day we got 6 pin on 9 so drop the sweep """BANG""" ball hits the sweep , i head on up the front to see what the hell happened to have the lady (morning Snr lge) swear black and blue she is on lane 9 , she was on lane 8 LMAO stupid old chook!!

Oh well i guess the job is never boring with counter staff like these and bowlers to match LOL

ALSO STUPID ME POSTED THIS SAME THING IN ANOTHER THREAD LOL CLICKED ON A LINK AND FORGOT THEN REPLIED IN THERE
                              AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                              Working...
                              X