Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing 70's to upgrade to 90's

Given the chance if you were working on 8270's that run well and had a chance to upgrade to 90's in a fairly low linage house, would you?

I have about 2 calls per night on a 4 by 10 league. Someone started rumor about upgrading the pinsetters. I personally do not see a reason why to spend the money to go to 90's.

I mean get some lane overlays and then upgrade the video and sound system seem to be the way I would do my upgrades. I cannot see why to upgrade something that is not effecting the customer and the customers will not see.

I know sometimes I miss the boat on business decisions so I thought I would post here and see what you guys thought.

Pro's and con's please.

Re: removing 70's to upgrade to 90's

Why not upgrade to the XLI and eliminate some things on your machines?
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Personaly I dont see any reason for you to upgrade.It sounds like your 70's are doing great.But the XLI are marvelious machines,
      with no table wireing,switches to break or
      short out.Also the self correcting chassie's
      are sweet.If you've got the funds it would
      be a great investment.

Comment

Personaly I dont see any reason for you to upgrade.It sounds like your 70's are doing great.But the XLI are marvelious machines,
        with no table wireing,switches to break or
        short out.Also the self correcting chassie's
        are sweet.If you've got the funds it would
        be a great investment.

Comment

Sorry bout the double post!

Comment

Pat, keep your 70's. They are great machines. Spend your money where its needed. Your machines are just fine.

Comment

If you need to spend $ (save Uncle Sam from getting too much), try newer scoring that can automate bumpers and control your 70s.
              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

I agree. Keep the 70s. Check all the posts about not being able to get 90 chassis. Granted, they may have no problem now, but tell that to those folks who bought the first generations of them.
                "Where are we going, and why are we in a hand basket?"

--Kat

Comment

I have had both of them. We had 70's before our fire and 90's (not XLI) after the fire. I feel like you can better spend your $$$$ on other items if your 70's are in good shape. Our's were and if I had a choice I would have liked to kept them over our newer 90's except I like the PBL over the kickers I previously had. Other than that, not enough difference to invest the dollars in different machines.

I agree with the others, money will be better spent in other areas in the center to attract new and more customers (more $$$$$). Newer machines will not do this.

Tim
                  HBOwner

Comment

Keep the 70's

Comment

Originally posted by misterx:
                      Keep the 70's
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree.

Comment

Keep them. The Xlis still have a few things that I think still need tweeking. The brackets that are for the sweep and table sensors like to move a little from time to time. We have a center up here on the air force bace and they have a few problems as well. I would go with the tried and true 70's they are proven and have stood the test of time.
                        They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

A possibility could be to upgrade half the centre at a time. You would then have multiple spare motors, chassis etc to use on the 70's, but you would have to have stock of 90 xli parts aswell.
                          Tried to sneak 16 off them into the parts order this week. Got caught though. Damm. It's not fair, I want xli's.
                          Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

No i wouldn't upgrade.the 70 is still the best by far with an mp chassis.90's are not readily available and only XLI are coming out ,so why bother when you have good working machines.
                            maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X