Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bouncing table

I have a machine that has a table issue. When the machine goes into its respot mode the table bounces on the way down and up while holding the pins and all the way through its cycle. It is very obvious, especially from the front of the machine. On the spot cycle it is barely noticeable. any guesses?

Re: bouncing table

Tighten the bolt that secures the table drive unit to the drive shaft. 3/4 head and nut.

Comment

Jerry is right but if it is loose then you might have a loose key way and the shaft should be looked at. Could also be a sloppy bearing in the drive unit itself.
      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

ok so i tightened up the nut/bolt and it worsened. The table drive had already been replaced with a good one. So, would that tell me that the bearing that the shaft goes through sitting next to the drive assembly is bad? I did notice that when i did tighten it up, the shaft didn't slip but turned a bit. but when I stopped applying pressure it went back to home position.

Comment

To find out if there is a bind in the shaft bearing just crank the motor if it is extremly tight or tough to turn then I would suspect the bearing but it still sounds to me like it is the shaft keyway that is wallowed out. It could also be the shaft moving around in the gearbox housing. Eathier way you need to inspect all of the related parts assoiciated with the movements of the table and table shaft for any free play and ware.
          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge:
            still sounds to me like it is the shaft keyway that is wallowed out.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be my guess....I had a table bouncing around a while back and it was because of the shafts keyway being wallowed out.
            Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Are they National motors?
              Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Sounds like worn out splines ontable shaft and gearbox.

Comment

Or get a pipe and a breaker bar to tighten the bolt....they need to be tight.

Comment

What does "National" motors have to do with it?Some characteristic only to them ??
                    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

Yes, the national motor does not have the ring gear on the casting which makes it more prone to 'bouncing'. I could be wrong but that is what I have experienced especially if there is some wear on the worm wheel.
                      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

I had the same problem a couple of months ago. Checked everything out and found that the splines on the shaft coming out of the gearbox were nearly gone. It only bounced really bad on the respot cycle as well.
                        Acta non verba.
                        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Plunke...71383456227142

Comment

Just curious. Has anybody here ever had the splines wear so bad that they failed and the table wouldn't move at all?

Comment

The gearboxes need the splines lubed yearly with grease to avoid this problem.

Comment

Sounds like bad splines on table shaft

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X