Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cycle

Many of you know how new I am...ran a couple leagues alone last night and had a little trouble. The HM is off for a few days and I'd like to say I fixed it before he gets back. Lane gets turned on, bowler flings a ball down and nothing happens..can't get sweep to work, can't get table to respot. Tried back end switches and relays. Didn't have time to work on it so they got moved. (If HM hears, he'll ****..commandment #1..thou shalt not move bowlers) They actually asked to be moved so I think it's not so bad. When I go in tomorrow before leagues my first thought is check cushion switch, see if it runs from cam switches. Any thoughts on how I should proceed troubleshooting? BTW that night with 2 leagues running 4-lane over about 32 lanes I had 3 calls make it to desk (2 were pins falling into table and 1 was ball return that cleared itself by the time I got to the lane) we set a new pattern a little heavier so I spent time cleaning kickers that night too.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: No cycle

add swap chasis to that list too
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

make sure it is not in instructomat.if machaine isnt in instructomat does the machine cycle by hitting the cycle start button then if not it could be either a chassis or motor issue.also ck and see if klixon on the sweep motor isnt tripped hit the red button....
      DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

1st check your contactors are they engaged or not when you hit the cycle button. Make sure that the sweep will run if contactors are manualy engaged. If the sweep won't run when you manualy engage the contactors check the C1 plug for burnt pins. Start with the simple and move on from there. It is more than likly a bad concetion electricaly.
        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

It is the commonest symptom (not cycling) simply because it is the usual first step for getting the machine to do anything.

KLH and Table Head both mentioned several sensible steps in determining the problem, and you had the right idea with trying to run it from cams (also try the SWS switch) and changing the chassis.

Did the cycle button (PBC) on the control box make it cycle? If not, then it's not the cushion switch. If so, then it probably is your cushion switch.

Once you discover some more symptoms, it shouldn't be too hard to eliminate it down to one thing.

Andrew.

Comment

sounds like instructomat as you say league turned on, bowler flings ball and nothing happens.
            maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
            Working...
            X