Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SECOND BALL PROBLEM

HELLO ALL . I HAVE A MACHINE THAT STAYS ON SECOND BALL EVERY OTHER FRAME . I REPLACED THE CHASSIS AND IT STILL HAPPENS . I HAVE 82-70'S WITH OMEGA TEK BOARD AND EXPANDER BOARD . ANY WHERE ELSE I CAN LOOK ?

Re: SECOND BALL PROBLEM

DO YOU MEAN ADJ. SWEEP OR TABLE HIGHER ?

Comment

change the microswitches in the cams.
      Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

OK WILL TRY. THANKS GUYS

Comment

oor switch?

Comment

The specific cams that can cause this problem are TA2 and SA.

Even though a microswitch seems fine when tested with a multimeter/continuity tester or C2A tester, it can still cause problems with Omega-tek boards (due to aged contacts producing a 'fuzzy' or 'dirty' input signal).

The dirty signal can cause the omega-tek to double-step cycles.

If it's happening fairly often, then it's easy to test the switches before changing them using the following procedure.

To test SA: run the table and stop it just before 0 (with TA2 still on - say 340 degrees). Then, run the sweep with the contactor. Everytime the sweep passes 0, it should step cycles. If it doesn't, then the SA switch is probably faulty.

To test TA2: Run the sweep and stop it at 270 (SA cam is on). Then, run the table with the TA1 cam. Everytime the table passes 355, it should step cycles. If it doesn't, then the TA2 switch is probably faulty.

These tests should allow you to determine which of the cams are faulty (if at all). May save you changing more switches than necessary (if you really care, that is - I tend to be a bit miserly).

Cheers,
            Andrew.

Comment

For the small cost of the microswitches, might as well change them all while the switch pack is out. JMHO. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

sometimes a sticking micro or simply a weak spring or the head of the bolt hitting the nipples on the micro may be indented and not always activating the micro.
                maister

Comment

I feel bad for you the fact that you have to clean up Kenny's mess. Although... Playdrome dont help you either. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]

Comment

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYBODY .I CHANGED ALL THE SWITCHS AND IT WORKS .

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                    Working...
                    X