Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributor Question.

Hey There Gents, Im having a problem where the distributor moves violently from the 2 pin to the 3 pin...so sometimes the pin will overshoot, know what i mean. So im wondering if you guys could tell me what causes this and how to fix it. Thanks For Your Help Once Agian.
    Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Re: Distributor Question.

Ive found over the years ive been doing this that there can be several causes,
    4 most common ive found are : 1) Bind in post where distributor sits on weldment or post not loc-tited and spins with distributor and binds on a bur.
    2) Rough edge somwhere on your index cam causing roller to catch.
    3) Bind in distributor drive shaft , like if you have the housing and ball type there maybe a spot where the balls are catching in the housing,
    4) Distributor drive shaft to long bottoming out in housing at motor end.

If you cant find the reason you can try a fix i found on here, use a kicker spring on the fat left hand spring on the back of your distributor, the one that holds the safety link, ( put kicker spring INSIDE the fat spring)

Hope ive been some kinda help to ya mate
    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

the spring idea is probably what's gonna fix ya, real common problem on the distributor

Comment

Originally posted by Pin_Head:
        Ive found over the years ive been doing this that there can be several causes,
        4 most common ive found are : 1) Bind in post where distributor sits on weldment or post not loc-tited and spins with distributor and binds on a bur.
        2) Rough edge somwhere on your index cam causing roller to catch.
        3) Bind in distributor drive shaft , like if you have the housing and ball type there maybe a spot where the balls are catching in the housing,
        4) Distributor drive shaft to long bottoming out in housing at motor end.

If you cant find the reason you can try a fix i found on here, use a kicker spring on the fat left hand spring on the back of your distributor, the one that holds the safety link, ( put kicker spring INSIDE the fat spring)

Hope ive been some kinda help to ya mate
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">worn/sloppy clutch parts can also do it. With us it's usually the clutch or the drive shaft bottoming out in the housing weldment. Another cheat with a spring is to take a belt tensioner spring for the pit drive belt and hook it onto the lateral drive arm and the post of the o-pan pin, holds the lateral drive arm up against the cam and usually helps with sway from the 3 to 2.
        All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Move the 3-pin bin back a foot or so
          The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Comment

Comment

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

Your B.E. motor is running backwards. lol

Comment

Originally posted by *70*PinMonkey:
                    Move the 3-pin bin back a foot or so
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HUH???????????????
                    AS REQUESTED....The all new and VERY improved "super cool" Pin_Head with super hip shades.....

Comment

Clutch nut too tight.

Bent outer clutch plate.

Comment

Distributor post is not plumb

Comment

safety link rod ends worn and or tab that large spring hooks to bent.
                          Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:
                            Your B.E. motor is running backwards. lol
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sharp reading! Ha
                            I had to re-read the first post.....

I go for....not enough room between BE motor and dizzy for whatever reason.
                            So it goes.

Comment

Hello Agian. Well I ripped apart the Clutch and found that i had a ditch in my worm gear, and that was making all of the hassle. Anyway, thanks to Rep, you were right on, and to jimmy jam ...sorry for my error, as we all know it was supposed to be 3 to the 2. I can assure you that my b.e. motor is running reasonably well. Anywho, thanks for all the replies fellas.. especially to jimmy for poking fun at my mistake..grrr.
                              Life's a Garden... DIG IT !

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X