Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Humpback P/N

Good evening all.
    I have 2 humpbacks with lift arms that have the rubber basically GONE. They are very badly worn away, and I was looking in my lil part books that Lifelong gives you with each Humpback kit, but they do not show a number for this part. Anyone know what this number is? I'd like to order two of them to replace these. Currently I have cut strips of distributor belts contact cemented in place of the rubber, but I dunno how long they're gonna hold up.
    Thanks for any help.
    Bob

Re: Need Humpback P/N

Lift arm.

Comment

I have scraped the remaining rubber off the lift arm and use Napa rubberized cork (the same that is used for Brunswick ball wheels) or EBN's kicker strip also works well. Use contact cement. If you use the 1/8 cork, glue two strips about 3/4 wide the entire length of the lift arm on the outer edges of the lift arm, then a wide piece over the top. I cut the wide piece wider than the width of the arm and wrap it under the lift arm. P.L. contact cement works best for me. When done, it will have an indent in the middle to cradle the ball. It works BETTER and lasts just as long or longer the the original. You will be amazed how well it works..Bill
      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Forgot to mention but i'm sure you already know that the lift arm MUST be J shaped not slightly S shaped or you will have that 'dead spot' that king explained about a while back. Humpbacks work great for us. I also use two 5/8 collars on the upper yoke by the Xmas tree bumper to make the whole unit rigid.
        Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Call Cassandra at life long

1-887-235-8300
          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

The cork idea is great. I will try that!

Comment

You can also use the rubber pads that are used in spotting cups.

Comment

I tried the liners from the spotting cups. The balls just sit at the bottom of the lift. They have no grab at all once you get a ball with oil.

Comment

Originally posted by BG:
                    Thanks guys!
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Bg, if you would like I can send you a roll of material that was damaged during manufacturing and see if it works. If Brunsamf says it works I bet it does. He’s a pretty sharp guy.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Ed that would be fantastic. Thanks! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by BG:
                        Ed that would be fantastic. Thanks! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your welcome, you'll have it Friday.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                        Working...
                        X