Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first cycle table runs w/sweep @ 270

ok so the title says it all, on the first cycle sweep runs to 66, stands at gaurd, sweep then runs to 270, on its return table comes down and the table and sweep need to be done by hand.

on the second cycle: sweep comes 66, runs through to 270 then back to 66, when table comes down to set a rack it only makes it about half way down like its only doing a re-spot stroke. the actuator on the front of machine that engages allowing linkage to engage is engaging, there are pins in cup, table just doesnt make it all the way down.

when i hold the linkage by hand and press table switch pins make it to deck, no wobble and on spot, i have even tried closing fingers on cells to simulate a strrike and there is no problem when i do by hand.

solid state chasis, omega tek board, no expanders, electro mech. contactors

hope this is enough to start with, thanks all.

Jeremy
    just feeling my way out like a blind man at an orgy.

Re: first cycle table runs w/sweep @ 270

Loose sweep shaft or crank/too tight SA switch/cam adjustment.
    So it goes.

Comment

This help is from our good friend Jim Dorsin (Paul).

Pull back the SC and or TB cam lever (wich ever is not activating micro switch) and then push the micro switch button. If the cycle continues on it own then the table is starting to early and your cam switches need to be gone through.

Paul will be posting back soon for himself.
      Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

Firstly, have you changed the chassis/board with known good ones?

I'm not completely sure what you're describing in the first ball case - do the table and sweep interlock?

An overrunning sweep or maladjusted SC cam can cause an interlock on first ball. Normally, when the sweep stops at 66, SB is actuated (because that's what stopped the sweep), but SC is not actuated although very close. If the sweep overruns then then SC may actuate which will cause an interlock. You can check if this is the case visually.

Although that not would explain the second ball problem, which is perhaps a coincidence. It sounds like the table zero position is not correct or the table is overrunning. The nylon roller on the table drive latch should line up with the flat actuator arm's shaft (or slightly behind it). If the roller is not in the right position, the arm cannot push it down in time to un-latch the table drive, so you get a short table stroke.

See this post for a diagram (thanks Peter [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).

Do you know which version of OmegaTeks you have? If it's the old style, then possibly a faulty TA2 or associated wiring could be doing this. Do you notice the strike light turning on in the first ball case?

Also, in the second ball case, you said sweep runs to 66 then 270 then 66 again - did you actually mean that - i.e. that the sweep is going back up (past zero) and coming back down to 66? Or was that a typo?

Cheers,
        Andrew.

[Edit] LOL I had misspelt "typo". [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew:
          Firstly, have you changed the chassis/board with known good ones?

I'm not completely sure what you're describing in the first ball case - do the table and sweep interlock?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes it does

Do you know which version of OmegaTeks you have? If it's the old style, then possibly a faulty TA2 or associated wiring could be doing this. Do you notice the strike light turning on in the first ball case?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">to answer this i would need some help identifieng them, i will look on the web. i will check around the TA2 socket, as far as the strike cycle i will get back to you with that answer shortly.

Also, in the second ball case, you said sweep runs to 66 then 270 then 66 again - did you actually mean that - i.e. that the sweep is going back up (past zero) and coming back down to 66? Or was that a typo?

Cheers,
          Andrew.

[Edit] LOL I had misspelt "typo". [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unfortunantly that one is not a typo, thank-you for asking, i wasnt sure if i described it correctly. : )

i will get back on this machine as soon as i oil the lanes, leauge coming in soon.

Andrew as always thank you for breaking it down into a launguage i can understand. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          Cheers, Jeremy

Comment

See this post for a diagram (thanks Peter [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] ).

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i am going to see if i can order one of these [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ok so i got the swithes figured out on this machine, cam were in fact way out of adjustment (looked like someone loosened it up and gave her a twist and didnt give her a kiss on the cheek).

so everything is well on the sweep now, still havent figured out the table not setting.
              the nylon roller is lined up correctly, the actuator is engaging, the rod for the shuttle drops pins into cups, cups start there rotation but table is still stopping halfway and retracting. all the springs look good and respot cycle works great now. i will keep you posted on further findings. thanks again all, Jeremy

Comment

It would seem that the latch is not disengaging from the eccentric body.

Clear the deck of pins, crank the table and hold down the spot linkage (e.g hold down the hook above the spot lever). Does the small latch block that is attached to the nylon roller pop out of the eccentric body?

If so, then going by your previous post, it sounds like the eccentric body is seized/jammed and not free to turn (which would allow for the longer stroke).

It may be that it was reassembled incorrectly (with a worn bolt or cone bearing perhaps), or that it's seized.

Andrew.

Comment

I think Andrew has it. I greased some table drives and after that I had same problem (to much grease to release the block). Clean it and put some oil on it.
                  Good luck and let us know.

BAMM

Comment

check those tiny roll pins in the ass'y on the white roller..might be busted.
                    I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

Yep....I would bet a broken roll pin or maybe a coasting motor....If it coasts too far past zero, it wont activate the eccentric.

Comment

found it, the actuator was not engaging fully. i put smaller washers between assembly and frame, of course i did have to wipe down some greasy areas used some oil and problem solved, thanks guys.
                        Jeremy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...
                        Working...
                        X