Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure pik

I hate the sure pik ball returns in the centre i work in. I know the solution in is change the ball teturns to power lifts.
    But the owner refuses to exchange them ?!?!?
    For a good lane condition i have to put on 25 ml of oil on the lanes. I have a PBL ball lift with the orange timbles down the rail and for rail covers i use the champagne colored rail cover from AMF. The Champagne colored rail cover i cut 1 four pieces (1 ft.) so i can do 4 lanes instead of 2 the rest is The brown rail cover of Brunswick witch i have to put up with compressed air.
    So the PBL work perfect but these ...... sure piks. Are there people out there who tweaked them and how.

Re: Sure pik

The house that we took over last May had Sur-Pics and they were a Major pain in the a**. I asked for help on Bowl Tech as well and with the information that I gathered on this site all that I had to do was clean them up and replace most of the leather retarder straps. I rarely have a problem now without doing any conversions.

Comment

Rookie is the Sure Stuck King, I'm glad we have powerlifts now, I feel your pain.
      So it goes.

Comment

Sure Pik is the best lift ever.

Simple to service and adjust.

Belt problem are fixed in minutes.

Motor problems are fixed in minutes.

Comment

I've done that on several lanes (the leather retarder) put in new ones €100,- each let them cleaned every day with a steel brush. Let the running transport band cleaned with a degreaser.I even turned a few leather retarder around let the house balls keep clean, clean tracks underlane. re adjusted the springs added a few 6 instead of 4.The running transport band with some brands there is little nylon of whatever in between.
          If you look at the side of a t-band you see white cloth between the rubber.
          I use t- bands with a lot whith cloth between them so they stretch less.

I think now everything is optimized and I am on the maximum I can do about with these returns accept for tweaking these .........

Comment

1. Adjust the leather belt to allow the ball in.

2. Adjust the spring tension to the highest setting that allows the light balls in and still provides enough friction to allow heavy balls to make it up.

3. Wipe the belts off every day.

4. Wipe the belts off every day.

5. Wipe the belts off every day.

Comment

If you don't put oil on the lanes 82/30 rookie is totaly correct.

Comment

I do not think the 6 spring fix is what you want.

You want the ball to enter and then push it out.

With 6 springs you will have the lift be too restrictive to let the ball in.

I adjust mine with 4 springs.

The lower 2 I have the springs on the spring post with the least tension.

The upper spring post is usually in the middle.

With the ball under the leather strap wood block you ahould be able to get you fingers inbetween the ball and the strap up to the 2nd knuckle.....if it is any lower the tension plate will slow the ball down too much.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 rookie:
                  Sure Pik is the best lift ever.

Simple to service and adjust.

Belt problem are fixed in minutes.

Motor problems are fixed in minutes.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Power lift is better.

No service and adjustments for years.
                  No belt problems.
                  No motor problems.
                  No belts you have to wipe off every day [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Heck, I don't even know what a powerlift looks like...
                  So it goes.

Comment

I wil give it a try with the setup of spring you gave but if I'am not mistaking if have allready done almost every adjustment.looking adjusting throwing balls and again,looking adjusting throwing balls and again,looking adjusting throwing balls.

But please keep posting.

Humphback had something for sure pik in the past.

Comment

He lampie,

If you had Frameworkx power lift you know how they look like, I had the wonderfull opportuinity to work very near you in lets call it southpark.
                      You know the centre, that serie of power lifts are very bad.

Comment

If sure-pic is the BEST EVER then why did AMF change the design on the c-90s???Which looks very much like the powerlifts i must say.

Comment

sure piks? used to have em. get swingers. quality makes em. eliminates springs, leather straps, all that crap. installs in about 15-30 minutes. once it's adjusted, forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianlah:
                            If sure-pic is the BEST EVER then why did AMF change the design on the c-90s???Which looks very much like the powerlifts i must say.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">One of the reasons for changing could be the fact that Sure-pics are dangerous. As ruled by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. AMF was to repair or recall the Sure-pik, I don't really think they did to much to notify the independant centers with the sure-piks though.

link to Recall Notice

The other reason would of course be that power lifts work better.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X