Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep sputters after 270

have a lane that the sweep runs fine until it
    has to go back up, the sweep at times will wait longer before it moves (table is all the way up, then sweep will move to top position, but still sputters)

other times it will start when table is half way up and will stop sometimes 3 times till it gets back to the top position

by sputters i mean sweep contacts will disengage,
    click out then back in 3 - 5 times on its way back up

have changed the chassis, have changed sweep motor and gearbox, have checked cam switchs with the CA2 tester, all micros tested good.

thanks in advance !

15 years as a 30 mechanic....2 months as a 70 wana be mechanic, dear god help me !!! LOL
    ever jump down to the deck and spray miracle grow on dead wood ?

Re: sweep sputters after 270

you'd think it'd be in the chassis! weird. burnt C1 pins on machine side plug? seeing how it's just the sweep, i can't really think of too much else. OOH! sweep reverse/run switches/wiring? Dude, don't worry, someone on this site'll help ya [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you use potential relays? If so, have you changed them? It seems unlikely but worth a try I would think.
      Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Loose Nut, I know you have tested the cam switches, but the probelm you described is almost certainly caused by (damn, it's been a while, is it TA1 or TA2 that signals sweep up from 270? I don't have a diagram handy right now) one of the table cam switches.

If you changed the chassis (complete with board) and the problem remained with the machine, I can't think of anything else that can cause the sweep to run intermittantly only between 270 and zero.

Put the C2A Tester on the machine again and have a good jiggle of the micros.

Ray
        Ray Jordan
        Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
        Australia

Comment

TA2 signals the sweep it's time to go up.
          SA will tell IF the sweep is up.
          [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
          So it goes.

Comment

If using newer OmegaTeks, TA2 triggers sweep run 270 to 0. If using older OmegaTeks or 5 boards (without machine wiring mod), TA1 triggers sweep run 270 to 0.

However, TA1/2 only initiate the movement. It is SA that actually sustains the sweep movement until it gets to 0.

Does it have issues when you run the sweep manually to 270 and then let it go?

The symptom of starting late some times isn't explained by a dodgy SA, so I would suspect the OS switch (which also interrupts the sweep movement 270 to 0).

Regards,
            Andrew.

Comment

Dont forget to test capacitors.

Comment

possible capacitor,contactor,or something in the wireway shorting two terminals or a bad connecton in the sweep motor plug.doubtful about sweep reverse but sweep run or sweep switch on the back box could also be causing a problem.so many things , but i would look at capacitor,or short in wireway first.Assuming your checks on chassis, sweep motor and cam switches were checked out thoroughly.
                maister

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X