Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock bumpers

Rebuilt a clutch last night, and the trip arm seemed to be tight, it would double feed. Mostly at the 1. Played with the spring tension to no avail. It seemed to me that the binding was farther back with the stop blades. The arm holding them seemed loose so I compared it to another machine. Noticed that machine had a bumper in it. Checked all 48 and found 23 of them had no bumper and the nut and bolt going thru the bushing were tightened to take up that extra space. Is this a modification to take that bumper out? or did someone think the nut and bolt were too lose after ther bumper deteriorated and fell off.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: Shock bumpers

I take the bumper out.

Comment

What's the advantage to taking the bumper out? And how much clearance should there be? Should the arm have a little play back and forth, or just be loose enough for it to swing freely?
      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

I use thew shoort sleeve and no bumper....the bumpers swell and cause problems.

Comment

I use a Plastic washer and shorts sleeve and metel washer. When you tighten up the bolt going through the trip support against the sleeve the plasic washer becomes concave and acts like a cushion when clutch comes around to the trip levers.
          They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

there is supposed to be a sleeve, a plastic washer, and a metal washer, if not, then it is not correct.
            maister

Comment

the Longer "Washer/Bumper/Washer/Trip Arm" is the Old/original way. The "Washer/Plastic Sleeve/Trip Arm came later.
              unless they have been already changed. the dists with the bumpers have a funny one piece welded trip arm (thingy with the 2 Nylon Rollers which trips the trip rod) while the others have the modern looking D-Weld with ball and joint cable

Comment

Comment

If you have cables instead of shafts (trip) I would suggest bending the tab on the coil spring at the end of the rocker shaft to reduce counter pressure. That is designed for the heavier trip shaft. the cable is not as heavy, and needs lesse counter force. Also, make sure you have no burs on the stop blades (both trip arm and clutch, but most occure on clutch) file them smooth, and make sure you lube the blades well. I like to see minimal pressure advance the dist. to the next bin.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X