Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L azy Susans to Sure Piks

Is there anything I need to aquire to change from Lazy Susans to Sure Piks, I didn't know if they used the old upsweeps and do I need to get some approach boards to fill in? Thanks

Re: L azy Susans to Sure Piks

Those 2 lifts are completly diffrent than one another. Same princible but completly diffrent hardware. You will more than likly need aproach fill. No they do not use the same up sweep. the sure pik has a belt that the ball will come up as well as rails. If I was you I would check into some used powerlifts from Brunswick or Amf. They are the best out there and require much less maintenace.
    They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Bull

My advise is leave the lazy susans in. I have heard toooooo many complaints about the sure piks.

Just put the vantage tire on the susans and they work good.

Tim
      HBOwner

Comment

Worked for many years with the old streamlane21 Y units in the late 80's but had basically the same design, with the wooden upsweep and tires, it was a nightmare, underground city! A neighboring center had sure piks they were ditching so we took their best 8, they worked like a charm. Powerlifts are probably the best way to go though.
        Just my 2 cents worth.
        * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

Originally posted by HBOwner:
          Bull

My advise is leave the lazy susans in. I have heard toooooo many complaints about the sure piks.

Just put the vantage tire on the susans and they work good.

Tim
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll second that Tim!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] There has not been a simplier ball return EVER made! Just wish someone would make some new skins to put on them.
          Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

I personally liked the Quality Tire &amp; Hub Assy myself. Just make sure that you have the ball stop assy's too. They make life a lot easier in the event of an underlane problem.

Comment

Originally posted by misterx:
              Just make sure that you have the ball stop assy's too. They make life a lot easier in the event of an underlane problem.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">So true, 7 out of our 8 returns had the ball stopper, other one broke off. Couldnt find a replacement, and owner either didnt want to pay for a new one or use the energy to find a replacement. These were essential as we had a ton of undergrounds with the streamlane21's.
              * this space left blank intentionally *

Comment

I have to second Lafarge...get some sort of powerlifts....my opinion...the only thing Brunz got right...lol C-90's (AMF's version) are actualy better....(brunz motors mount verticaly on the frame....C-90's are on the frame varticaly...much easier to change) If you have to got to Surepiks....get the Quality swinger!!

Comment

In a team we have installed sure pik and removed the Lazy Susans, we needed to make a approach fill.
                  12 lane bowling centre all that in 3 days !!
                  Also problems with the electronics, we needed a resistor in the power supply from the 82-30 machine.
                  The relais got overheat when we didn't, we also rewired the sure piks.

The sure piks are now removed and they installed now c-90 power lifts.

Also the 82-30 machines are replaced with 82-90.

Comment

I believe the Sure Piks are a little better thaan Lazy Susans.

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 rookie:
                      I believe the Sure Piks are a friggin lot better thaan Lazy Susans.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In the imortal words of the almighty king FIXED....lol

Comment

Originally posted by 82/30 rookie:
                        I believe the Sure Piks are a little better thaan Lazy Susans.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">AMEN I WISH MY OWNER HAD THE SENSE TO REPLACE
                        HIS PILES OF CRAP LAZYSUSANS.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 82/30 rookie:
                          I believe the Sure Piks are a friggin lot better thaan Lazy Susans.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">In the imortal words of the almighty king FIXED....lol </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great fix!

Comment

Lazy suzies are dated and normally pre sure piks.if upgrading look at the profile or concept 90 a copy of the brunswicks i had in 1968 but work well.
                            maister

Comment

Remember guys, the early SurePiks used the wood upsweep like the lazy susan did. So the difference would rather be a belted active ball lift VS ball mass/inertia on a passive return system.
                              Bottom line, if the ball touches something that moves to assist it up to the top of the ball return, it was better than relying on the speed and weight of the ball making it up a ramp to land on the ball tray.
                              Although the surepik mechanism with the lift belt/leather tensioner was better than the inertia ramp, the better system (that Brunswick designed) was for the ball to roll into a clutched mechanism that would positively lift a ball regardless of speed.
                              2c worth.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X