Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table problem

Where should I start looking when the table spots a rack of pins on a set already standing? got a call to spot pins, machine was in first ball. Cycled it, shut it down with sweep down. Knocked over pins, turned it on and it dropped another rack on top. After the bowlers were moved, I tried just cycling it. On first ball every time I cycled the sweep would drop and it would set another rack down on top of the first.
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: Table problem

Swap out the spotting relay in the chassis. Sometimes when they go they'll cause the machine to always spot pins
    All I want in life is to turn wrenches and climb around pinsetters/pinspotters again :/

Comment

Is the respot solenoid engaging every time it set's a full rack ?

I've seen the respot arm hold the latch assy down. Causing this same thing too happen.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

I'm with old school on this sounds like your spot latch is getting stuck on somthing or is not letting go after spotting.
        There is always more to life, but would someone tell me what it is!

Comment

It could also be the chassis. If so, the spot relay as mentioned by Rep, or the PCB if you have MK70. Try another SP relay first since this is the easiest. Then swap the chassis first to see if problem moves. If it does move, swap PCB to see of it moves again.

Triac

Comment

Have you adjusted anything prior to this on the problem machine? Sometimes I catch my self afterwards when I deem a machine "good to go" status only to find that I had miss adjusted somthing that afected another part of the machine that was related.

Comment

You might also check to see if the spring under the link assbly thats attached to the spot solenoid isn't broke or missing.
              SGT
              U.S. Army/AVN
              Retired

Comment

bad spotting relay
                DEFINITION OF MANAGER IN THE 21ST CENTURY: (ADULT BABYSITTER)

Comment

SP relay. If the latch was stuck..cups would tip but the table wouldn't go all the way to the deck.The dog must come out of the notch in the eccentric to go to the deck.

A bad selonoid might do that.Or some kind of bind in there..
                  I never had a "10" ;..but ,one night after closing,..I did five " 2's" !

Comment

If have 2 solenoids, it may just be a broken respot solenoid pin (where the solenoid connects to the hook) if not, make sure the link that goes from the shutle stop arm to the spot hook is connected.

Comment

Bad spotting relay.....HM said it hasn't happened in 6 years
                      Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

So answer me this does the table go down like it whats to spot pins but doesn't and the pin cups fall back to their resting place or does it actually go down and spot the pins like normal working machine?

Just becasue it hasent' happened in 6 years doesn't mean it won't ever happen. It's just a part to check and rule it out during your investigation, the more suspects you rule out the closer you will become to finding the culpret and it's partners in crime.

Boy, I think I watch too much CSI on T.V.

Comment

are you using pindication? if so, a wire knocked off a respot cell or a broken ground wire could also cause that.

Comment

The rack was coming down and setting a new rack of pins no matter what ball it was on. Once that relay was replaced, the problem was resolved.....thanks everyone

Comment

1st things 1st....how many somenoids do you have? is there only 1 (this will have a carb link similar to the respot linkage, on the left as you are facing the front end, going to a big roll pin in the spot hook) or is there a second solenoid connecting to that respot hook?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X