Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMF History

In my English 12 class at school we are currently working on our senior projects. I am doing mine over the AMF pinsetter over the ages. I was hoping someone could tell me all the machines that amf has produced. I know of the 82-30, 82-70, 82-90xl, 90xli, 82-95, 8800 gold, and 88-2000 but I don't know all the different variations of each machine and if there are any that I'm missing.

Thanks,

John
    If it moves and it's not suppose to use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it's suppose to use wd-40.

Re: AMF History

Do a search here on bowltech to find more information on the history of pinspotters. I personally have never heard of the 82-95 or the 88-2000. You also might want to discuss the 4 models of 8230. They are the 3900, 4400, 5850, and 6525 and explain how each evolved from the previous.
    Also compare and contrast the 82-30 to the 70 because the 70 was basically overhauled except for the pit section. Good luck with your project. When you are finished, you might want to paste your text on here as some of the techs might find it an interesting read.

Wamg

Comment

John,

This may help a little, in regards to the 30s-70s at least.

AMF Serial Number History

Good luck,

Fever [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/usflag.jpg[/img]
      I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

From what I understand about the Model 82-95 was that particular model of pinspotter was a candlepin pinspotter machine I think there might be a pic of it here in the AMF forum or the Other pinsetting equipment forum

Comment

I have a pic of a 82-95 if you would like to see it, I also have one of the 88-2000. Does anyone know the name of schmits pinsetter?

When I complete the project (January?) I can post or send the powerpoint presentation and the research paper to anyone who would like to see it.

Thanks for all your help,

John
          If it moves and it's not suppose to use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it's suppose to use wd-40.

Comment

I would love to see the report when it is finished. I actually gave a presentation on the 82-70 when I was in COM 202 my sophmore year in college. I showed a video of the machine running and people were amazed! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm probably going to get a video of the 82-90xl since thats what I work with, but if I can get to a 82-30 center and 82-70 center im going to video tape them as well.

Comment

Crazy: what was the 88-2000?

BTW, the 3900 sported two versions: PR-6 and PR-7.
                the 6525 (Chassis part # 030 006 525)machine spanned three versions dealing with mechanical changes/improvements. (Closed pinwheel, open pinwheel, back end chassis with pin changer)

Don't forget the 82-3000 upgrade for 82-30's!

Interesting note: The 82-30 was around for about 9 years, with improvements that introduced 7 versions of the machine, while the 82-70/90 style has survived 42 years with about 8 versions. In bothe cases, most were chassis and related upgrades. AMF must have done something right!

Comment

<span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Interesting that all references to AMF has been removed from the 88-2000. Is it possible it was sold under a different name?

Fever
                    I really enjoy the Simpsons. My problem is that I am starting to look like Homer. Doh!!!

Comment

do you know when the 82-2000 came out?

Also does anyone know if AMF has a history book about the company like Brunswick does?

Thanks for all your help in my project.

John

Comment

i think the 88-2000 is really the 88 000 Gold.
                        maister

Comment

I agree maister, looks like it was labeled the 2000 for a specific market.
                          This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Ted,

I have somewhat of a history, but with all of the corp buy and sell much of the history and culture was lost.

Are you looking for AMF history overall or just Bowling.
                            Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
                            804-240-4982

Comment

We're commenting on Gmans photos of the 88-2000.
                              Check out crazyxbowlers orig post.
                              This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X