TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shuttle

Does anyone out there use Stahal's plastic green block that bolts to the stringer at the 8 pin? The purpose is to keep the shuttle running straight foward & straight back. But if you have a slightly weak shuttle operator spring, the extra pressure between the block and the shuttle tube has caused a slow return causing a pin (usually the 5 or the back row) to drop thru onto the X frame. Has anyone used these or had a problem?
    Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Re: shuttle

I have been using shuttle hangers in reverse with chair skids on both sides. Works like a champ! You can even use a jam-nut and force the shuttle either way so it lines up with the bins. The process requires drilling one extra hole in the 10 and 7 pin outside bin rails, but is a fairly easy modification.
    It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

Try adjusting the bin over the cups then the shuttle will line up under the bins.

Comment

True, but the shuttle will still 'shimmy' when shuttling, sometimes causing a double shuttle? The shuttle guides as I am describing eliminate that swaying of the shuttle during pin delivery to the cups, create no actual binding and are a simple modification.

Brunsamf, I would try what Jimmy Jam is saying first, as a machine that will run good with no modifications is much better than a machine that runs good with multiple modifications.
        It's been awhile but I have much more to share!!!

Comment

im all for innovations, but the shuttle is supposed to be a free moving operation without any binds. if spring is weak, give it a new one. move bin till its centered over the shuttle
          Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

and of course center shuttle with bin
            Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

I have found the best way to resolve a shuttle from favoring one side of the other is to remove the counter and trash it. That way when it starts heading left or right, all you have to do is release the 2 back rods, (with table down) and just bend it back where it belongs...the main arms will sometimes slip (over time) on the shaft. you then retighten the clamp studs, and yer set.

Comment

I'm with Mr Dorsin on this one thats for sure if gottem get rid of them. Also the shaft that connects the two shuttle arms on top of the walk way gets twisted over time and this will and probably has thrown you shuttle out of alighnment. The shaft in question gets spiral crack originating from the keyways. This is the main reason for a shuttle to be unsquare from the bins unless somthing is seriously bent.
                They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Thanx-all for your replies and no I don't have a picture but I will take one and ask one of you to post it for me. OK, 'G'Man'?. I agree with all of you. I like bent wrench mod. because many of our stringers are bent and I have to straighten and weld broken ones because the center is hurting and I believe will be cutting back on parts budget. Again, thank you for your help.
                  Yeah but, We've always done it that way.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                  I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                  Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                  Working...
                  X