Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet pulling

Apparently one of my new tasks this week is to pull a carpet. The bounce plate will be replaced as well as pit inspection. Anyone have any tips to make the job go a little smoother? The new carpet is bright green and all I have to do the job is tools and the amf manual
    Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Re: Carpet pulling

I always take the cushion out first only takes a couple minutes but makes it alot easier to move around. Make sure you take your front roller supports off and clean lube and inspect them. Check rear roller support on the ball door side.if that is cracked youll want to grind it off drill holes for a new one.old ones are welded on.Make sure your bounce plate brackets are tight and in good shape. While youve got the cushion out you can check your cushion blocks and replace if necessary.Also if youve got a good front roller replace it so you can check the one your taking out.Same with your rear roller bearings. Itll take 2 hours or so but its worth spending a few extra minutes checking things while youve got the pit apart rather than having to get back in there sooner than you need to.I usually pull pits every 3 years some do it more often but I find with a thourough check thats all you need.If your thriwng out the old carpet just cut it it will speed things up taking it out . good luck...Brian

Comment

Take enough time for getting your green carpet rolling (3 hours), the orange one are match better 2 min.(090-006-12).

Pull the Frontroll back and push 2x a 1/4" capscrew in the little hole.
      Remove the 4 nuts off the Bounce Plate
      Pull off the Frontroll through the balldoor weldment and the Rearroll through a hole to the next lane (if lane is to a wall site, pull up (rope) the Bounce Plate on the balldoor site and pull the rearrol through the balldoor weldment to the other lane). Pull carpet and Bounce Plate on the lane and check the backend, brackeds, bolds etc...

Clean the floor etc.....

Put the new stuf in and take a lot of time to get the carpet rol.

Goodluck

Peter

<a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.peet-peet.nl" target="_blank">http://www.peet-peet.nl</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Comment

I have all green carpets in and none of them took more than ten minutes to break in. I also take out the cushion that is the only way I have room to do the rest of the work. It sucks being to tall to work on these machines. Before you start pulling the pit if you can take the new carpet out of the box and let it open up to get all the creases out of it or you may have some trouble the first few revolutions geting it started. I would give it a few hours to strech out if it is your first pit removal. Good luck and watch you fingers those roller supports are nasty and hurt like Heck.
        They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Man I love them I know alot of guys don't but I won't buy anything else. For me thy never tear or come apart. I don't like the orange ones because they get to stiff. I guess it is what ever your used to.

Comment

Stahls ugly whites....cant beat them. There ugly when they get dirty, but are claiming over 14 years in service. I have been using them for 3 now, and the 1st one I installed is still in. Also, I suggest the ront roller spring removal tool, also from stahls. It keeps the spring stretched out when you remove it, and you cant snap your fingers off with it on the spring. Good tool for someone who has never done a pit b4.

Comment

The spring tool is what I use also. I think thay are the best thing to come along since Doritos and Beernuts.Oh And of couse Beer Itself [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by lafarge:
                The spring tool is what I use also. I think thay are the best thing to come along since Doritos and Beernuts.Oh And of couse Beer Itself [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Speeking of which...brb have to go to the fridge...think I will have 4 tonight....keep it light....(btw...I measure in 40's)

Comment

Originally posted by JimDorsin:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by lafarge:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Speeking of which...brb have to go to the fridge...think I will have 4 tonight....keep it light....(btw...I measure in 40's) </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">He can drink a 40oz beer faster than most people can drink a 12oz beer [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] ...I think Wade will have a pretty hard time putting Paul under the table. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

The spring tool is a must...Bid time finger saver.
                  Lifes to short to stress on little things.

Comment

to loosen the carpet up, remove it from its box
                    a few days before you are going to put it on, gets the kinks(sharp bends) out of it, if you have a wall heater warm the carpet up a lil right before you are going to install it.

if you think you are going to be running out of time to allow it to break in before the league, i have in the past used grip tape (feels like sand paper on the non sticky side) on the rear roller, but only in 3 inch strips placed in diff sides and areas, you wont have to bicyle the carpet that way
                    ever jump down to the deck and spray miracle grow on dead wood ?

Comment

I have some Stahls white carpets in and have no problems at all with them. I have had little trouble with any of the different carpets except for the rough top Vantage cheapies. Get a ball hung against the cushion and it will eat it up. Then the center gets to replace a ball.
                      I'm glad I get a long time out of a carpet. (BTW, does this mean I am not as busy as some of you guys, LOL?) I hate puttuing a new one in. Darn sharp edges digging into your arm and I have YET to see one take off and run in less than 30 minutes.
                      Like lafarge said, BE CAREFUL AROUND THOSE FRONT ROLLER CARRIERS!!!
                      Gene Simmons for president!!!

Comment

toon the stahls spring tool will resolve that danger.

I have had problems with the v premiums....last about 2 years b4 turning to the gospel.....(they get holey) the pumpkins tend to roll up at the ball door. I have heard that the Stahls Whites have over 14 (15 now) years in service.....if even half that, there worth it.

Comment

Thanks for all the support and advice, I'll let you know how it goes...probably scheduled for next friday night

The spring tool is what I use also. I think thay are the best thing to come along since Doritos and Beernuts.Oh And of couse Beer Itself [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Anyone know the difference between Beernuts and Deer nuts?
                          Failed safety course.Question #1:In case of fire what steps do you take? Apparently 'Friggin long ones!" is the wrong answer.

Comment

Beer nuts are $1.49 at the store.....and deer nuts are under a buck

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                            Working...
                            X