Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine-scoring-Omega -Tek problem?

A friend called me on this one, I'm drawing a blank.

Here's the scoop, 82-70, Accuscore +, 5 boards with Omega-Tek mk 5 with expanders.

Every other frame the machine will not detect a strike IE sweep and respot 10 new pins, the scorer posts a strike every frame.

Weird,

First frame, strike, scorer and machine function normally.
    Second frame, strike, scorer functions normally, machine feels sweeps and respots nothing.
    Third frame, strike, score and machine function normally.
    Fourth frame, strike, scorer functions normally, machine feels sweeps and respots nothing.

And so on, I suspect someone goofed with somthing prior to this problem occuring, but nobody admits it of course.

Same problem with other chassis at the center on this machine so I'm not really fixed on the problem being with the Omega-Tek boards.

I'm sure my friend would appreciate any thoughts (me too!)
    Please.....follow the instructions!!

John
    804-240-4982

Re: Machine-scoring-Omega -Tek problem?

The cell grounding should make no difference here - strike every time. The pin count data will over ride a cell ground. This assumes you have tried another chassis/board combination.
    Maybe the CWC count isn't getting to the expander board in time - then think SS on sweep. Pay close attention to when the score is out up during the pinspotter cycle to determine a timing problem. Weak spring, SS not making good contact evert time.
    Plus, try a cold start. This would help a timing problem of the CWC sending the data at the correct time.
    Finally, try swapping the EEPROM with another pair.
    Are these expander boards ones with the LEDs showing the pin count? If so, watch WHEN they display the count.
    This post is not an unpaid promotion of my business.

Comment

is the table wiring gone. Also the table cable?

Comment

Does the machine release pins into the cups but not spot them?

Comment

the cell grounding out can cause the problem. Depending how they hooked up the expander. When a Omega-tek goes bad is usually done. On the expanders you can see when the pins are being counted by the LED lights. All table wiring should be taken out of the picture.

Comment

One time found that a piece a junk had found its way into the little area behind a cell switch causing it to ground. We have also had probs with switch screws backing out causing some probs. Jim #279
            Necessity IS NOT the mother of invention. Laziness IS the mother of invention.

Comment

We try to diagnose faults for people on the phone quite regularly. It's tough because sometimes people don't describe a problem EXACTLY as it is.

John, did your friend say whether, when the table respots nothing, it is running down to respot height or all the way down to the deck. It could be as simple as a dicky (intermittant fault with the) spotting solenoid.

I am almost certain that if you could see the machine for yourself you could diagnose the fault in a matter of minutes. Remote diagnosis is tough.

Ray
              Ray Jordan
              Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
              Australia

Comment

Well said rrev...excelant point.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll forward these suggestions on.

I'm stumped, but he promised to let me know what is is when he finds it. He's in NY, I'm in Tulsa OK teaching now.

Yup, it's hard to do the long distance diagnosis, but this guy is an accomplished mech and has run through the gauntlet.

Good points, thanks again.

John

Jim, I like the healing wall comment, wonder where that came from.

Ray, dicky.....love that expression, says it all, LOL

John
                  804-240-4982

Comment

Ray, BTW

I received your gift, thanks.

I have passed it on to Steve Stafford to show all of his students, I'm sure it will be a hit.

John

John
                    804-240-4982

Comment

Bad Lane A board

Comment

John, keep it. Steve now has one too [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Ray
                        Ray Jordan
                        Cybernetic Solutions/tenpintec
                        Australia

Comment

Thanks Ray,

Double teaming now eh......

John

John
                          804-240-4982

Comment

not totally convinced here.it appears that every second frame machine does a first ball cycle.if a normal two ball frame is bowled , does machine cylce normally, if it only when a double strike occurs then something is telling the machine it thinks there is a pin there.e.g.camera, signal top scorer is correct but to machine is corrupt.worth checking CWC and sweep start switch.
                            maister

Comment

No, details makes it hard. Sounds like a scoring problem, assuming it's not something simple like the solenoid/sticky shuttle stop bolt etc.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                              Working...
                              X