Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweep stopped

Hello everyone....Hope you are all enjoying some football (Im now watching the eagles get stomped) could use a little input if i could. Here is the story......

Got called in today cuz there were 4 machines down (all various reasons) Just to let you know, I JUST started this job,and right now there is something broke every 6 inches,in any direction. Anyway, I get them all rockin again,and as im leaving, lane 6 had interlocked, My mechanic in the back at the time was getting it... and the sweep stopped working.. table runs through chassis, it wont cycle,but of course the sweep wont start,.. so i swap chassis with another machine, while im putting on the chassis that im checking, the other mech. is putting a 'good' one on.....he plugs it backwards (I have 82-70's w/ MP chassis, national motors)the one chassis that i was checking is one of those 'mp chassis plus',all others are reg. mp chassis. so the plugs are opposite.. anyway,it sparks,I catch it...switch the plugs...still no sweep. The chassis 'plus' that i was checking on a different machine still had no sweep....I put the original chassis(the one that got plugged backwards) back on the original lane,and fortunatly,it works fine. I checked the motor on lane 6 and found a bare wire,fixed it, put it back on, but still no sweep.(of course now i have the mp chassis 'plus' back on it)

Now its a full house....there are NO spare motors OR chassis...the only ones i can test with right at the moment are other good ones on machines...so i couldnt check what i wanted to at the time... Please keep in mind I have no idea where anything is...and its SO messy back there...NOBODY knows where ANYTHING is.... I really have my hands full! any suggestions would be great...I can trouble shoot it and i WILL find the problem...but i am overwhelmed and could use any suggestions as to what is causing it. Thanks in advance everyone. Eagles finally scored [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    Herb

Re: sweep stopped

By MP chassis plus, are you refering to the CTI Ultra chassis?? If so, that bare wire may have blown a fuse. I found in the ones I had in vermont, that the wires to the fuse holders dont leave much to be desired. They were 18 guage to a 20 amp application. not good. more often than not, they would melt off the back of the holder before blowing the fuse. I would start there. Good luck,

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul... I will take a look first thing... and yes, I do believe its the ultra, first one ive been around, so its new to me.
      Herb

Comment

Keep us posted....well get ya taken care of. From what I understand, basicly, the problem follows the chassis, right?? If not, there may be more to it.

Comment

Yes, the problem followed the chassis, so I am sure thats it, I have just never dealt with the 'ultra'
          Herb

Comment

CTI Ultra Chassis Page 1
            CTI Ultra Chassis Page 2
            CTI Ultra Chassis Page 3
            CTI Ultra Chassis Page 4

Click on thumbnail to enlarge...
            So it goes.

Comment

I have 2 of those "ultra" 98's and i've encountered the same problem. they eat fuses for the least little thing. sometimes just using the sweep reverse button will blow a fuse. so keep a huge stock handy. the best thing to do is never buy any more ultra 98's. oh. and everyone should print out a copy of page 4 above. comes in extremely handy when troubleshooting other chassisessessesesesses.

Comment

Does this mean it might not be the right time to list the 2 ultra 98's I have for sale?
                Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Originally posted by old-school-mechanic:
                  Does this mean it might not be the right time to list the 2 ultra 98's I have for sale?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Checked the fuse first thing and sure enough, the sweep fuse blew.. now i will know to keep that in mind found an assload of fuses so i assume its not the first time

Thanks Paul, right on the money
                    Lampie, I will check those out, Thanks

As for the chassis, I may decide to sell it, but it will come with a sledgehammer hole installed [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Herb

Comment

When this happend to me in Phoenix the old owner of Creative tech told me that the original fuses were not rated for the amp draw that the motors drew and to up the size but don't remember the size.
                      They say that the **** rolls down hill but the smell always starts at the top.

Comment

Originally posted by That 82-70's Show:
                        Checked the fuse first thing and sure enough, the sweep fuse blew.. now i will know to keep that in mind found an assload of fuses so i assume its not the first time

Thanks Paul, right on the money
                        Lampie, I will check those out, Thanks

As for the chassis, I may decide to sell it, but it will come with a sledgehammer hole installed [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dam...I got one right.....lol I heard that they were re-designed after Zot aquired CTI, but am not sure.... all I know is I hated the few I had. (they were there when I took over the center) Let me know, I have a sledge hammer hole instilation kit I have been dreaming of trying out!! We call it Mo........IT makes parts fit Mo'better

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X