Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED RUSSEL STOLES

I am need if roughly 24 Russel Stole plugs. I am servicing another center part time, and someone long ago had the wild Idea to remove all of the setter plugs, and replace them with standard light switches. These, I do not trust. If anyone has a line on some, please let me know. The owner wont buy new ones, but I may convince him to invest in some used ones if the price is right.

Re: NEED RUSSEL STOLES

We got rid of the beat up RS plugs on the machines we purchased from another center that closed... we switched them out for newer (and much more readily available) ARROW-HART Twistloks
    <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

If you are driving across the state line to cali you cannot use Russel Stoll Plugs.

If you need plugs use twistloks.....you drill 3 holes in the black cover plate and mount the recepticle flush.

Use new #12 wire in the wireway and a new #12 cord for the drop too.

Comment

I seriously dont care what type....lol just ANYTHING!!! Cheap, and not light switches....i dont trust those.....and its a long walk to the breaker box....not that I trust the labels on that either...lol

Comment

Am I to understand that these machines are hardwired directly into the mains circuit through a light switch, with no means of completely isolating a machine from the wiring?

BIG problem there... I think most electrical codes and OSHA require a means to completely close/lock off the power from a machine... ligghtswitches and breakers do not fill that need... only a lockable disconnect switch or removable plug does.

On Ebay, a set of 20A twistlocks is going for about $25... you may want to remind the owner that the costs of someone being injured or electrocuted by a switch being bumped into the 'on' position at the wrong time, or a commercial electrical inspection by the local building code enforcement will probably cost a heck of a lot more than some new plugs to bring the machines up to spec would.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis</span>

Comment

Yes...This is Dutches center, but I understand that this was present long before he took over. I cant really go into detail about the situation, as it is not my story to tell. My previous post was not meant to sound ungreatful for the info, but rather desperate....lol Hopin to find some used ones cheap. If not, I will at least go get something as a temporary fix. Current HM hasent shown up in 3 days, and it looks like I will inherit the responcibilitys till there is a suitable replacment...lol its only a part time gig for me, and wont give up the lap of luxary I am currently in for an independant center. Still not sure what is going on, just know that it was only him and me, and I only have a few days a week to offer...lol

Comment

Get em G-man. That would either get fixed or I'd be gone.
              SGT
              U.S. Army/AVN
              Retired

Comment

I dont condone it....lol just hopin I can find a resolution. Wasnt my idea. Part time job pays for my wifes car...lol kinda need it for now.

Comment

JIM,
                  what's wrong with the switches? they work most of the time! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] I would leave the switches in and find some screw in fuse holders like the sure stucks have and put 20 amp fuses in. mount them near the switch. that way you can just take out the fuse when you want to make sure theres no power. cheaper then putting plugs on.
                  also if you ever loose power and you think the fuse might be blown, you could just take out the fuse and stick your finger in the hole and find out if there is power! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
                  if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

lol....kewl....now I look like the idiot....bad choice to post this I guess....was really hopping someone could put me onto some cheap plugs

Comment

Just buy a bunch of these and plug one end into the Decklight Socket and the other into the Russellstoll socket. LOL
                      (please dont)

Comment

Its Russel Stover, the chocolate covered plug.
                        The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it which the merely improbable lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Jam:

Just buy a bunch of these and plug one end into the Decklight Socket and the other into the Russellstoll socket. LOL
                          (please dont)
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ha, a vicious circle circuit.
                          So it goes.

Comment

If you need to save some $$$, loose plugs are cheaper than mounted plugs, and will still serve well. Bulkhead/panelmount plugs are double or more the cost of a loose (extension-cord style) plug set.

On 110V-powered machines, a 20A twistlock pair will work nicely... drill a hole in the wireway, or make a plate to fit the RS plug hole that has an opening big enough to fit a 3/4" romex clamp. Install #12 or (preferably) #10 SJO service cord from the terminal strip, through the clamp, and out to a male twist-lock plug. Build your drop lead out of the same SJO wire clamped to a metal box that houses the connection to the house circuits, and terminate it with a matching female twistlock end. Check local electrical codes to be sure, but in most areas, that will pass as a suitable disconnect. A set of the plugs and enough SJO cord to build a 6' drop to one machine can be had at Lowes or Home Depot for around $20 per lane... it may even be less at an electric supply if you can buy the parts in bulk.

Comment

I do appriciate all the advice....what I need to do is obvious...lol I am looking for the means. I just inhereted the center by default, (since I am now the only one left) until a perminant solution is found. (wont trade in the Hilton for anything...lol) so, I was hoping someone would say something like "I have 24, $100 plus shiping and there yours" lol

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...
                              Working...
                              X