Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interlock

my lane 1 has been interlocking every time .we have checked cams ,changed chassis ,checked motor and also put in new contacters for the sweep . this machine does everything as normal and even works its way out of interlock, please help and as its really giving me a headache sorry about my spelling my name is acko help!

Re: interlock

cam switches

p.s. spelling is very Good..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

Replace the micro switches.
      Check the springs on the fingers.
      Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

Kenny; I can see now that I'll have to do a better Job of explaining myself or Your going to have to do a better job reading my lips....
        If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again. Then quit. There's no use being a damn fool about it." -W.C.Fields

Comment

I was just translating your short post into a understandable one. You've been gone for so long. Going to take awhile to get the kinks worked out. :p :p :p :p :p
          Even a old dog can bury a bone

Comment

when you say you checkd cams, are you refering to the switch adjustments? That would be my 1st thought. If the gaps between the fingers and the cams are not set correctly, the cams will send info to the chassis at inproper time, ans interlock will occour. describe the interlock...what direction is the table and sweep going in, and what cycle does it happen? this will narrow it down.

Comment

Check micro switches, we had one short out because of oil getting into the switch, it was very had to find at first, but got the problem fixed. no more interlocks....

Comment

May not be electrical.

The interlock could be caused by the sweep catching on a loose / broken edge strip of the pin deck. The sweep will get stuck on the sticking out plastic strip and stop moving, thus the machine will go into an interlock.
                Just another thing to look for.
                Bring me the freshest "Mean Green" known to man! Juice on!

Comment

HI JIM , I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN IT BETTER FOR YOU THE MACHINE GOES THREW FIRST BALL CYCLE ,THE SWEEP HITS THE PINDECK AND WAITS FOR TABLE RUN BUT WHEN THE TABLE IS HALF WAY DOWN THE SWEEP KICKS IN AND TRIES TO CLEAR AWAY DEADWOOD THUS CAUSING A INTERLOCK .WHEN ITS IN INTERLOCK IT WORKS IT WAY OUT OF INTERLOCK BY ITSELF AND SWEEP GOES UP TOO ITS NORMAL POSITION SO THAT YOU CAN BOWL .I HOPE I EXPLAINED IT BETTER.

Comment

You say the sweep starts when the table is half way down - i.e. the table starts, then after going half way down to feel for pins, the sweep starts and thus interlocks.

This sounds like the TA2 cam is in completely the wrong position.

However, if the sweep and table actually start at the same time (which may look almost the same as the first case), then the likely culprit is the SC cam.

If SC activates when the sweep reaches 66, then after the time delay, both sweep and table will run (and thus interlock).

At least two things can cause this: maladjusted SC cam or lever; or, slack sweep motor that overruns 66 by enough to activate SC. Note that there isn't much rotation between SB and SC (only 5% of the shaft's rotation). So a slightly slack sweep could easily do this, sometimes intermittently (which is a pain to try to 'adjust around').

Hope that helps,
                    Andrew Kennedy.

P.S. Welcome to bowltech.

Comment

Oh, I forgot - the fact that it "works its way out of interlock by itself".

That seems only possible if SC or TB are not working. It would also potentially do a bit of damage.

I'm not sure if this is also the cause of the interlock (SC is a common factor), but you should check this. Try cycling the machine and then hold SC and TB out at the same time - the motors should not run.

Regards,
                      Andrew.

Comment

I had this problem in Vermont. Check the wireways EXTREAMLY closly. Mine was a wire hair (from my whire grinder wheel on the bench) that had worked its way down into the wireway and was shorting out 2 terminals that happened to be part of the table cam switch cluster. It was such a small wire, that it only did it accosionaly, and was VERY hard to spot. Accidently cought a reflection when I took the flashlight through it for the 3rd time.

Comment

Sounds Like The cam position is out on the table drive shaft or an intermitant fault with ta2 micro
                          chek the location of the table cams with the lane next door when the table is @ 355 or the up postion the clamp stud on the table cams should be roughly parralell to the pin deck
                          hope this helps
                          Give me a call @ werribee bowl Aus is you need help
                          03 9741 9777
                          p.s Say gday to robbie for me
                          Greg

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Well this is a first.

We all from time to time have one of those “wow I’ve never seen THAT before” moments. Well today was one of those for me when my night tech texts me to say lane 16 is out...

Ball return wheel guide roller removal.

Hey guys, i could just use a bit of advice trying to get this part out, first time I've had to do one of these. I got it to move a few turns but its come to a point where it has...

Even old mechanics find something new.

All my years working on these things I never had this happen…… until last week. ...

82-90XL Frontend Gearbox Parts - Rebuild Woes

We have 5 of the 088000365 replacement gear kits on the shelf, and I pulled two gearboxes off machines earlier this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at rebuilding them and save...

Prolane damage

Can this be repaired?

LED Ball Lights

Made an LED conversion for A2's and Frameworx masks. It can also be modded for the Harmony masks to accept 2 x 5mm led's and/or a 12v supply. Once I'm happy with the performance/design...
                          Working...
                          X