Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another s.s. chassis "Q"

I now have a S.S. chassis that will not spot pins. Problem moves with chassis. Changed spot relay, no go. Chassis is somewhat newly wired, and new relay socket was installed, but all looks well there. When holding down spot latch to force to pindeck, table will stop at bottom dead center, but will return to "0" with TA1. Closed G.E. contactors. Could that be it? Thanks for all the help in advance!
    Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Re: Yet another s.s. chassis "Q"

what does it do when you dont interfere? Does it run at all? Need some more info here. Excluding the table stoping at the deck, I would have to wonder if the solenoid is just not engaging. (start with the s relay, the 10v one) but as to the table stoping at the deck. What type of boards, and have you swaped them out?

Comment

Omega-Tec. solenoid does not pull in, therefore it runs a first ball cycle. Yes I have changed boards.
      Don't mind me, what you read is invisible.

Comment

Try the s relay then. Swap it to another chassis. It is the only one that is 10 v. the other 2 will be 24. that is the relay that controls your spot solenoid. It could also be a bad relay socket. Maybe a bad solenoid. The return srping could be too tight (under the solenoid its self) If you have time, unplug the solenoid, put a meter on those to wires, and see if you are getting juice to the solenoid when you cycle the machine.

Comment

Are you saying that the table only stops at the bottom if you hold down the latch with your hand? That seems strange (since the latch has no relation to the electrical system - unless somehow the table is engaing the offspot input on a long stroke??).

Does it change symptoms if you put two pins in the #9 bin (or hold it with your hand to stop it opening after the pin has fallen into the cup)?

Is the table driving to the bottom (i.e. contactor is on), or is is just coasting to the bottom (with contactor off)?

Regards,
          Andrew.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X